Howdy from SE New Mexico

Tell us a bit about yourself!
jc676
My Press Choice: Progressive

Howdy from SE New Mexico

Post by jc676 »

Hey, y'all! Thanks for the add to this forum.

I'm a retired police officer and high school football coach. I've had a life-long interest in firearms and started reloading somewhere around the late '80s. Mainly interested in handguns but in the last few years have become more interested in rifles, but my last acquisition really set me over the top. I picked up a Winchester 1894 AE in .44 Magnum. Oh how I love that rifle!!!

I started loading on a little RCBS single-stage press called the Partner Press. From there I progressed to a Dillon 550 that I loaded on for years. After some surgeries, I decided that my shooting days (outside of qualifications) were probably over, so I sold all my reloading stuff. Several years later I decided I missed shooting and loading enough that I needed to get started reloading again. I went to the Dillon website and about died from sticker shock! Their prices had, in my mind, sky rocketed. As I didn't want to pay that kind of money, I bought a little Lee Challenger kit and a mess of Lee dies. I realized that the Lee equipment loaded just as good ammunition as did Dillon and RCBS and quickly found myself becoming a Lee fanatic.

A few months ago, I was given a Dillon Square Deal B and decided to set it up to load 9mm. At a $100 per caliber change, my mind went immediately back to Lee. Besides, I had all those Lee dies anyway!

After pricing and researching, I decided to buy a Breech Lock Pro and I'll tell you, I love it!!! It's taken some help from guys like Ranch Dog and Horseman to get a grip on the Auto Disk Pro but now I have a good handle on it and am cranking out the rounds! Best reloading money I've spent to date.

Thanks to all for having me here and I look forward to checking this forum daily. All of good info here!

Regards,
Jon
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Howdy from SE New Mexico

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome to the forum Jon! Your story mirrors many, it is very tough to beat Lee's price and quality. I will look forward to hearing about your reloading and shooting experiences.
Michael
Macd
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by Macd »

Welcome to the group. Like you I got back into the role your own hobby after a long absence. Lee gear functions as advertised and although I have had some issues with quality over the years they stand by their products without question.
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by RBHarter »

Welcome to the forum .

Dillion gave me sticker shock in the 90s .
I probably would not have gotten in cast bullets if not for Lee .
I have a few die sets , odds and ends of other tools also .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
AlaskanGuy
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by AlaskanGuy »

welcome sir, from the Bush of Alaska... and thank you for your service!!!
Any technology, not understood, can seem like magic....
Shooterrick2020
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Shooterrick2020 »

Welcome to The Forum I also have the same press you purchased the breech lock Pro. After a tweak here and a tweak there it will be up and running and I'm sure you'll love it as I do.
If you always do what you always did you will always get what you always got.

Return to “Member Introductions”