Reloading once again

Tell us a bit about yourself!
Shooterrick2020
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Reloading once again

Post by Shooterrick2020 »

I know you begin by introducing myself. My name is Rick and I'm 62 years Young. I now live in the Deep South but I'm originally from Northwest Missouri. Many years ago in my youth I competed in ipsec and bowling pin matches and reloaded on a Hornady Progressive. Due to health reasons I had to quit competing and since I was no longer shooting 20,000 rounds a year I sold my reloading equipment. I still go to the range regularly just to keep my safety procedures and skills intact.

All of that said I am not approaching reloading to save money but purely as a hobby. Now that I'm getting closer to retirement and only live with my 80 lb black mouth cur I wanted to and find something that I enjoy doing.

I'm not looking to Precision reload and so I purchased a Lee cam lock Pro press as well as the case feeder and safety Prime. I prefer to manually set the bullet to force myself to check the case for proper charge. 40 years since last reloading I consider myself a novice with a background. I have just built buy small reloading bench and if I can figure it out will post a pic. My press is not here yet but on order and with what is going on in this world today I want to wish you all safety. Together we will all come through this to the other side of this I am certain. Looking forward to learning and enjoying.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Shooterrick2020 on 09 Apr 2020 11:33, edited 2 times in total.
If you always do what you always did you will always get what you always got.
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Re: Reloading once again

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Welcome aboard and anybody that says they're saving money reloading isn't doing it right.

Be well, stay safe, make smoke,
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by RBHarter »

Welcome .

I do save money reloading but I shoot stuff that isn't readily available and when it is it's very expensive like 264WM at $50/20 and 45 Colts and 45-70 aren't a lot better .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
Macd
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by Macd »

Welcome. Hope you enjoy getting back into the reloading addiction. I have been shooting IPSC for a number of years although a shoulder issue has me sidelined just now. I think I shoot to make room in my cupboards for more reloads ;-)
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

RBHarter wrote:Welcome .

I do save money reloading but I shoot stuff that isn't readily available and when it is it's very expensive like 264WM at $50/20 and 45 Colts and 45-70 aren't a lot better .
I shoot some "odd balls" too and you're right it beats retail if they can be found, but I find I also shoot more.

Be well, stay safe, make smoke,
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome! I shoot so that I can reload!
Michael

Return to “Member Introductions”