Norwegian loader

Tell us a bit about yourself!
Pinch
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Norwegian loader

Post by Pinch »

Hi all and greetings from Norway,

Living outside capital, Oslo city, family father with three kids, wife and a dog.

Shooting (sport shooting and military training) rifles and pistols and hunting is a major hobby and use of my leisure time.

Have been reloading about a year now so still learning, for the moment i do the following calibers:
308, 223, 6.5x55; starting up also now with 6.5 Creed and 300 Win Mag this summer.

Having three kids combined with insane housing prices in central Norway I keep a compact loading bench with have a large degree of Lee gear and equipment :-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Re: Norwegian loader

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Welcome aboard, 6.5x55 is one of my many favorites.

Be well, stay safe, make smoke,
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

Reloading with a view! Welcome! Nice list of cartridges! Glad to hear that you are a hunter, what do you pursue?
Michael
Pinch

Post by Pinch »

Thanks! :-)

Normal year the “volume” of hunting is on roe deer, capercaillie, depending on the availability some moose hunting but that have been some years since last time on those; looking forward to get started on some wild boar hunting this year.

The 6.5x55 is a nice caliber; I only use this caliber in “classic military arms class” on the veterans competition classes. Weapon regulations in the Nordics is not as in the U.S.A so we need to pick and choose between competition rifles and hunting rifles and one can (primarily, always exceptions) only have one firearms for each competition class you are qualified to enter into. :-/
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Very interesting! I was kind of curious about wild boar and will need to google "capercaillie".

Is your hunting typically a social event, the driven type of hunts. I appreciated the "Wild Boar Fever" series produced in France, I liked the social aspect of the hunt. Down here in South Texas "Social" hog hunting is a bunch of rednecks hunting them with dogs; live capture or sticking a knife in them. Not my cup of tea.
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Capercaillie, interesting! A grouse that is near the size of our Rio Grande turkeys.
Michael
Pinch

Post by Pinch »

This video is not of me; open source clip from our neighboring country Sweden but climate and terrain is very similar; Sweden is just a 2 hours drive from my house.

It shows one form of capercaillie hunting, this is either solo or small group hunting since you have to be very stealthy on the approach to not spook them.

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]

One can also hunt alone with shotguns and a dog; that is where my family hound, the Springer Spaniel, comes into the picture :-)

Also open source and not of me but an example:
[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]

Other than that, Hunting in the Nordics can be both social events with driven hunts or solo/duos depending on the terrain and species. Sweden have more of the Central European driven hunting types with larger groups, that is not normal in Norway. Germany, Austria, Poland etc. have a larger culture for the big driven hunts of games where they stand in towers. Up here in the North we walk a lot and put down some serious calories for every single game
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by RBHarter »

Welcome !

That's awesome hunting .
Looks a lot like most of our small party hunting here .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

It all sounds and looks great!
Michael
Pinch

Post by Pinch »