Tell us a bit about yourself!
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Just sayin' "Hey" to Y'all

Post by RBHarter »

I wrote a neat reply ........

Cast after the initial payment reduced costs a lot for me .

I loaded with my kids , then tried with the step kids , I load with the granddaughters I'm raising but still not much interest there . Family first for sure .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
WVFarmerBoy
My Press Choice: Lee Loader

Post by WVFarmerBoy »

Welp,

A year and a few months has passed since initially starting this thread here.

Looking back thru this and now seeing the current shortages... Wow. What a difference after reflection :|

As an update...
- Running a Lee Classic 4 Hole Press now.
- Various selection of Lee dies for what I have.
- Several Lee 2-cav molds along with buck n slug
- Even ventured into Shotshell reloading - Slug and Buckshot

Most of what I've done has been pistol caliber (cast/PC'd). Still need to obtain molds for .243, .40s&w and .25 .

Working on a 223 cast/PC'd lower velocity load with limited success. Not enuff hours in a day.

Really eager to get the 7/8oz Lee slugs figgr'd out. Even invested in a rifled barrel to see how far/accurate it could be made after good success from smooth bore. 8-) I think the "majic" lays within the wad. ;)

I hope everyone has weathered the past year relatively unscathed. Been no shortage of drama and BS. :roll:
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by RBHarter »

243/6mm is tough to find moulds for in the good times . The 401-175 Lee worked as well as an LBT 403-175 and RCBS 40-175 both RNFP in terms of speed and groups in 40 . I kept the 6c Lee and passed the others to people in need .
I'm a NOE user when the first or second try fails and the 260-120 is perfect for a proper .264/6.5 paper patched and the 25s I've run it in even the 25-06 that didn't shoot as well with jacketed 120s as with a 115 Partition . They have several others in lighter weights also . I don't know that there's enough difference in the 4-5 available 22-55s to make a difference but the NOE 225-55 I have has been excellent , it's now marked 225-62 .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

WVFarmerBoy wrote:Really eager to get the 7/8oz Lee slugs figgr'd out. Even invested in a rifled barrel to see how far/accurate it could be made after good success from smooth bore. 8-) I think the "majic" lays within the wad. ;)

I hope everyone has weathered the past year relatively unscathed. Been no shortage of drama and BS. :roll:
I think the smoothbore is the way to go with the Lee slugs. I haven't been able to continue my work with the slugs, it still interests the heck out of me, and it will probably be fall before I get the loading room unpacked. My observation is the "rifling" destroys a wad meant for a smoothbore and leaves an unstabilized Lee slug at the muzzle.

I worked with NOE a bit; I wanted to solve the issues with the Lee (the wad). Our idea was to improve the slug and offer a molded, synthetic sabot, like the Hammerhead, but never got there. NOE had idle time, but the election changed all that. Looking forward to hearing what your experience will be like! See you on those pages.
Michael
Fyodor
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Fyodor »

Herzlich Willkommen from Germany!
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.

Return to “Member Introductions”