Re-Introduction

Tell us a bit about yourself!
Jeff H
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Re-Introduction

Post by Jeff H »

I found this site while looking for prices on old LEE Loaders. Thinking they were most likely discontinued because they weren't capable of spitting out buckets of "blasting ammo," I didn't even check the LEE site. To my surprise, LEE still makes the ones I was looking for but I'm getting the impression I better get them ordered some time soon. It's obvious there are a lot of people who still like them, just not enough to support the necessary production commitments of the day.

As I lurked about this "new" site, I noticed Michael was behind it and decided to register. I have neither registered nor even lurked on any site (one exception) at all for several years and discovered someone else had already used my login name. OK, you snooze, you lose. Shoulda been paying attention. It was when I discovered someone was also already using my e-mail address that I really got suspicious!

Tried logging in with my old user name from other forums and guessed at what my password might have been about the time I stopped visiting forums (life got terribly busy and involved several years ago), and I hit pay dirt! I don't even remember doing it, but I had actually registered several years ago and my intro was my only post. THIS is my SECOND post. Already PM'd Michael about a couple moulds he had up for sale.

Wonderful site! Michael runs a great forum too - I used to post on Rossi RIfleman and I've bought some fantastic moulds from Michael in the past. I feel like Rip Van Winkle. :oops:

So, before I jump into a topic ad post a comment, I figured it was fair to introduce myself again so people didn't wonder where this new guy came from all the sudden.

I've used LEE reloading and casting equipment since 1982, a few years after I'd left home and no longer had access to the setup I grew up with at home as a kid. I rationalized that this "compromise" was temporary and that I'd eventually upgrade to "better" reloading equipment as I could afford it. Although I do have other reloading equipment, my presses and most of my dies are LEE. I "upgraded" to a Lyman T-Mag press in the late eighties and had enough of that after a year. Went right back to the original turret press, which I still use. I "upgraded" some die sets along the way and for any cartridge which were available from LEE, the other die sets have been re-replaced with LEE. The Lyman press was OK quality-wise, but it was not as slick and convenient as my LEE and I did have issues keeping the turret perpendicular to the ram. Never an issue with the LEE - the whole turret moves up and down - no tipping.

I've used a lot of LEE moulds and were hit or miss, especially through the eighties and nineties. Any I've bought in recent years have been great. I also use old Ideal moulds, old RCBS moulds as well as a few new NOE and Arsenal moulds, mainly because LEE doesn't offer every possible configuration.

That was a long-winded intro, so I'll shut up now. I'll try to post a pic of my bench sometime soon. A fella's bench says a lot more than anyone can say in words - and we tend to say what we want to believe, while the actual bench tells the real truth. ;)

Jeff
mr surveyor
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Re: Re-Introduction

Post by mr surveyor »

welcome back Mr. Winkle ;)

jd
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's just some things best left unsaid on the internetsuperhighway.
Old Scribe
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Old Scribe »

Welcome back aboard from the State of Jefferson.

+zzz
"Well here's another nice mess you've gotten me into." Oliver Hardy
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by RBHarter »

Rewelcome back !
Yeah I wish I had enough set up to take a picture of .......
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome, I'm glad you're back!
Michael
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by akuser47 »

welcome +guns
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Jeff H
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Jeff H »

RBHarter wrote:Rewelcome back !
Yeah I wish I had enough set up to take a picture of .......
RB, I used to use a Lee turret press as a hand press because I moved so often. Kept that box on top and unpacked it first. :D
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by RBHarter »

Cross country train wreck move ........
Jeff H
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Jeff H »

RBHarter wrote:Cross country train wreck move ........
Yes, and while I felt badly for you, I still laughed at you, which made me feel even worse.

There are a lot of people in this world today who lack the guts, will, character and general ability to step into such an adventure, let alone plod on and get everything/everyone there in one piece (almost) in spite of all the difficulties and distractions.

I think the many moves we made in the military, and while finding our "place" afterward cultivated a lot of very valuable skills and wisdom about how to get along without, make do and take care of ourselves "on the fly" and under adversity. I know it influenced me a lot regarding my casting and reloading habits and equipment, as well as my personal battery, all of which is pretty fit and trim.

You'll have a great place in time, with all the space you want, but enjoy the continued "adventure" of being somewhat unsettled while you work toward being settled. The stories will inspire people who are too weak (or lazy?) to imagine what they can do if they really need to.
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by RBHarter »

The trip story was meant to be light in spite of it all .
Don't feel bad about it , I don't .......well I do but not in the expected way .

Since the 10th of June I've run 100 rn of 45 ACP down range , 60 rn of 6.8 , moved 10 yd of dirt , dug a leach field , replumbed 2 toilets , filed 31 resumes 21 job applications , done 2 interviews , had a hearing for unemployment insurance , and lost my Dad . I still don't have a job but I got to spend 6-7 hr a day with him his last 6 weeks , got to spend some time with with my oldest son in the Army I haven't seen in 3 yr and time with my oldest daughter . Dad and I got to see 5 of the 6 grands for a week . I got a new 25-06' and executive decision making . Basically Mom is the care taker of the estate . Ms has gotten a job now , there's a buyer for the place we were planning and started ground work on so we will take that cash and pay out everything to zero balance do some finish work at Moms and settle into the Home with a Mother inlaw house and I guess I'll start sawing up some of this sterling silver hard wood people keep throwing in the fireplace for dimension lumber and haul it out west .

I have to look at the bright spots and keep pushing to the next bright spot or I'll just be a miserable mess , fall into the bottle , and be a wasted meat sack and what kind of an example is that ?

The cash out on the land will not only get us clear but make the down payment the place next door to Mom's which will ajoin 40+ acres of deer stands and a goose flight path . It has a solid 1960's house on it . In the grandeur scheme of things it's coming together nicely .

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

I don't know if that's original or not but it would be a great movie line .

Return to “Member Introductions”