Greetings Members!

Tell us a bit about yourself!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Greetings Members!

Post by Ranch Dog »

Many of you know me from various levergun & bullet casting forums but for those of you that don't, I'm a levergun nut! I have had a lifetime interest in these rifles, with a primary interest in the Marlins, but Rossi's introduction of the Rio Grande turned my head toward that product line as well. I still love my Marlins but I now have a complete line up of Rossi Rio Grande’s and R92's here on the ranch.

I'm a professional pilot, own a ranch on the top end of South Texas, and own Ranch Dog Outdoors which sponsors this forum as well as the Rossi-Rifleman forum. Ranch Dog Outdoors started business offering custom levergun bullet molds which were cut by Lee Precision but I make a decision in late 2012 to bring that business to a close. My primary interest is first and foremost my family, but I'm involved in bullet casting, reloading, and shooting. I have a deep passion in managing my land for whitetails and hunting them.

I have long had a deep interest in reloading and started with the simple Lee Loader for a 30-30 Win. The fun I had with that simple kit opened up a whole new endeavor for me and has provided a lifetime of enjoyment through my shooting and the people I have met with similar interests. I've owned equipment from other manufacturers but I was branded a "Lee guy" early and it has always stuck with me. This forum is dedicated to the Lee Precision customer, individuals like you and I. I hope you will enjoy and support the opportunity this forum represents and I encourage you to use it share your experiences and learn from the experiences of others!

Please take the time to follow my lead and tell our members about yourself!

Michael
AlaskanGuy
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: Greetings Members!

Post by AlaskanGuy »

I am AlaskanGuy, live in a pretty remote part of Alaska, off the road system, on the famous Copper River... I am a fishing guide, and I build Commercial gillnets for salmon fisherman... I work seasonally, and play with gun stuff most of the long dark winter.... I live a subsistance lifestyle here, so this is not just a hobby for me, it is a necessity. My guns are tools for survival...

I have been reloading for over 30 years, and am a "boolit" caster as well.... My first press was a lee C type, and my primary press is a lee classic turret press... I have a ton of lee gear, including a couple of load all's and a whole slew of casting molds from lee, which I consider the best value in loading equipment....

I am active in my tiny community, and run and audio/video stuff at my church, am a NASP archery instructor, avid archer, and retired military.... I have 7 grandkids, and one special needs kid that lives at home, and a loving wife....

Here I am....

AlaskanGuy
Any technology, not understood, can seem like magic....
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by akuser47 »

user akuser47------I have been reloading only recently I think from reciepts I found I started around 2004ish. Into hiking, camping, mountain biking, motorcycles, Shooting, As my user name states I like military type weapons US and foriegn weapons regardless of action and type. I enjoyed buchcraft as a kid and am gonna really work on getting back into it again. I have only more recently gotten into cowboy action guns starting with my rossi 92 in .357 and then my stainless ruger vaquero .357. I have a teen daughter turning 17 this year aghh! I love the family type atmosphere we have here in the lee-loader forum and our rossi forum and really want it to continue. Thanks RD for giving us this outlet.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Sensai
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by Sensai »

I'm a retired warrior, now living in southeastern Virginia. I still work full time as an instrument tech to support some habits that I acquired along the way, like living indoors and eating on a regular schedule. I've been reloading since around 1964, and use a varied assortment of brand named equipment. I started out on an RCBS single stage, and still use it occasionally. My most used press nowadays is a Lee Classic Turret. I really don't know which I enjoy more, shooting or reloading. In my extra time (ha) I also like woodworking, metal working and trying to pass along what little wisdom I've been able to capture to the grandkids.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

Sensai wrote:I'm a retired warrior, now living in southeastern Virginia. I still work full time as an instrument tech to support some habits that I acquired along the way, like living indoors and eating on a regular schedule. I've been reloading since around 1964, and use a varied assortment of brand named equipment. I started out on an RCBS single stage, and still use it occasionally. My most used press nowadays is a Lee Classic Turret. I really don't know which I enjoy more, shooting or reloading. In my extra time (ha) I also like woodworking, metal working and trying to pass along what little wisdom I've been able to capture to the grandkids.
Welcome to the forum Sensai! Thanks for make a career of service!
Michael

Return to “Member Introductions”