Hi from Ohio

Tell us a bit about yourself!
DB43725
My Press Choice: Progressive

Hi from Ohio

Post by DB43725 »

I started reloading in 1965 on a single stage press 38 357mag and some rifle rounds. Loaded for 4 years then got abscessed with shotgun shooting sports. So then sometime in the 90s started loading rifle rounds again. Went back to loading shotgun shells again till about 2015 I started acquiring some handguns. Reason being my health I was not able to go to the shoots anymore but I could shoot my handguns off the porch. Then I decided I needed a Progressive press. Since I always have a green machine I decided to get one of theirs ,well big mistake. So I then bought a Lee Loadmaster that was not a piece of cake but with a little messing around got it working except the priming operation. Just decided to hand prime. I set it up to load 40s&w. I then bought a 357mag pistol and a winchester lever action so got another Loadmaster. Then for some unknown reason decided I would like a 44mag in a lever action. I then decided I would try the pro 4000.That way I could just leave them set up for each calabur. Then one day their was an online auction not far from me and they were selling a man's estate and they just kinda throwed items in a box an listed it that way. Well at the time primers were getting very hard to get and I zoomed the pictures in a I was sure there were a couple of thousand primers in that lot.But there was also a red press. Turned out to be a Loadmaster. It was an older one but after I cleaned it up it worked like new.So I set it up for 9mm. Now I had another brain fart about a month ago. Decided I wanted a pro 6000 because I wanted to prime on the press and low and behold it works. Had a few issues but for the most part it was not that bad.
jlhog
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Hi from Ohio

Post by jlhog »

Merry Christmas from Michigan
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by RBHarter »

Welcome !

Sounds like a journey.
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
The Dude

Post by The Dude »

Hello,
Local buckeye. Great to hear that the hobby of reloading with LEE equipment is still alive and will
Royce
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by Royce »

Welcome aboard! My experience has been that you can always pay more for reloading equipment but the Lee stuff is usually more innovative and simpler to use.
2 X Lee Classic Turret Presses, 3 X Lee 1000 Presses, 1 X Lee Reloader Press, 1X Lee Six Pack Pro, 1X Ultimate Turret
Fyodor
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter

Post by Fyodor »

Herzlich Willkommen from Germany
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
toot
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by toot »

Welcome to a great site.

Return to “Member Introductions”