Quickload substutute?

Load From A Disk, QuickLoad, or other software generated load data.
massmanute
My Press Choice: Lee Loader

Quickload substutute?

Post by massmanute »

Is there any free program that can do what Quickload does?

Also, how reliable is Quickload. Are the pressures predicted by Quickload generally pretty close to measured values?
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Quickload substutute?

Post by Ranch Dog »

massmanute wrote:Is there any free program that can do what Quickload does?

Also, how reliable is Quickload. Are the pressures predicted by Quickload generally pretty close to measured values?
Quickload is the only program that does what it does. I have used it's predictions against my pressure trace equipment and the calculations are extremely close.

There is a program called Load From A Disk but I would not use it. I have a copy and it has a number of issues that will get you in trouble real quick. For starters, all the loads are calculated at 50.0K PSI no matter the pressure limit of the cartridge. The calculation leaves a lot to be desired.
Michael
Zippidydoodah
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Load-All

Post by Zippidydoodah »

What about the program Lee used to sell, and still has available on disc for about $15?
massmanute
My Press Choice: Lee Loader

Post by massmanute »

Zippidydoodah wrote:What about the program Lee used to sell, and still has available on disc for about $15?
I bought it. However, I don't use it because it won't work with recent versions of Windows.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

Zippidydoodah wrote:What about the program Lee used to sell, and still has available on disc for about $15?
Lee Shooter is just record keeping software, it is not a internal ballistic generator. LS does have some PDF files within it, those files contain load data from powder manufactures but most of them have been update and are available on the web. I'm running Windows 7 and LS still works on my computer.
Michael

Return to “Generated Reloading Data”