How You (Tumble) Lube - Fancy Equipment

Lee Liquid Alox and all other lubes applications.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: How You (Tumble) Lube - Fancy Equipment

Post by Ranch Dog »

Yeah, you can use the red "round box" that comes with the sizing die. It will get lubed up, but one benefit of the lube is that it is less likely to pop the top while sizing bullets. If the container is becoming opaque, it is a very good sign that you are using too much lube. Wet the inside with a small amount of mineral spirits, add bullets, and start rolling it in your hands it to clean it up. It is very easy to find a cork to plug the single hole with. Or, you can use a plastic container or bag.

Over the last couple of years, I've stopped casting hundreds of bullets every session. I end up with a lot of bullets stacked up that I'm not shooting. Now I do a better job of forecasting what I'm going to shoot over the year and cast them. I do run them through the Lee sizers to seat the gas checks but I don't lube them until I'm getting ready to shoot them and I now do that with my Lyman 4500. I'm not doing so many at a time.
Michael
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: How You (Tumble) Lube - Fancy Equipment

Post by GasGuzzler »

I agree. I don't even put a stopper in the hole as the flange inside makes it difficult to lose a bullet unless you Joe Cocker the tub spreading the tumble lube.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.

Return to “Bullet Lube and Powder Coating”