Lee Bullet Molds

Topics concerning individual handgun & rifle bullet designs, buckshot, and shotgun slugs.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Lee Bullet Molds

Post by Ranch Dog »

This morning I was trying to look up some bullet molds using my computer rather than a paper catalog. Little bit of a pain on the pdf version of the catalog because of screen size and the website is no better. I've reduced the selection to two images. Hopefully others will find this helpful.
Lee_bullet_molds_01.jpg
Lee_bullet_molds_02.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael
Maximumbob54
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: Lee Bullet Molds

Post by Maximumbob54 »

Nice. I really wish they would add more options. They don't even show everything they offer there.
Dan 444
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by Dan 444 »

We Marlin boys don't need no stinkin' standard diameter, everyday Lee bullet molds. We need plump bullets with waistlines like 359", .432" and .460". Also, we like lots of little lube grooves that get filled-up when we do the lube process. And we don't do any stinkin' tumble lubing, we dunk. So, that's it.....plump bullets and dunkin' and you'll have happy, happy Marlins.
:D :D :D
Dan
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

Haah, some have not only a had a peep through the looking glass but took a ride behind it and liked the future! Now it is Lee's turn!
Michael
Rooster59

Post by Rooster59 »

I'd love to have a small poster of that to hang over my bench along side the Speer poster. I know, what am I doing with a jacketed bullet poster!
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me." Willard Duncan Vandiver
Tuco Ramirez
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

Dan 444 wrote:We Marlin boys don't need no stinkin' standard diameter, everyday Lee bullet molds. We need plump bullets with waistlines like 359", .432" and .460". Also, we like lots of little lube grooves that get filled-up when we do the lube process. And we don't do any stinkin' tumble lubing, we dunk. So, that's it.....plump bullets and dunkin' and you'll have happy, happy Marlins.
Dan
Amen..... are you listening Lee?
When you have to "shoot" Shoot don't talk
mt_sourdough

Post by mt_sourdough »

It is surprising how slow the industry is to catch up with what seems to have become common knowledge about cast bullet fit, design and function. It makes them appear rather obstinate from where I stand.
I have the little Lee 200gr RN 44 cal bullet for a cheap plinking bullet in my 444. I am getting about 1.5-2 MOA using Trail Boss and at about 1400fps. I am going to beagle that mold and that should help shrink the groups a little. My two banger drops them at .431", so I should be able to beagle the mold enough to size back to .432" for properly fitting bullet.
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by akuser47 »

I love the 4570 .278 and .443 look like heavy hitters.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
mikld
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter

Post by mikld »

Dan 444 wrote:We Marlin boys don't need no stinkin' standard diameter, everyday Lee bullet molds. We need plump bullets with waistlines like 359", .432" and .460". Also, we like lots of little lube grooves that get filled-up when we do the lube process. And we don't do any stinkin' tumble lubing, we dunk. So, that's it.....plump bullets and dunkin' and you'll have happy, happy Marlins.
Dan
Yep, me too. Some guy named Ranch Dog ;) used to have some really nice molds available and the bullets from mine keep my .44 Magnums (5) very happy...
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by RBHarter »

Maybe I just have fat alloys all but 1 and the round ball moulds drop over size. The 356 124 TLTC dropps .359 and the 358 158 RNFP drops 360. The 325 175 2R drop 326 which was just barely enough for the 8mm I had but is fine sized 323 for a 32 Rem (321 x 312 bbl). The 401 175 TLTC is 403 and both 452s drop .4545 .

I wish the 312 155 was fatter but thats because the intended bbl for it is 316x305 w/320+ throat, but it drops at 314.

Since beagling has been meantioned here I'll add leementing as a means of laping to get a perminately larger dia.
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....

Return to “Bullets, Buckshot, & Slugs”