Forum Changes Behind The Scene

Please start here!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Forum Changes Behind The Scene

Post by Ranch Dog »

The forum server outage a couple of weeks ago set a lot of good things in motion. I was worn thin by the changes with our current provider, but the move to another outfit is downright daunting especially in light that I've done it several times now. I felt the forums and I were in a fix.

Low and behold a member of the Lee-Loader forum is in the business! Et2ss offered to provide both the server and work to get it moved to his US-based servers. For sure, I was in a pickle as the end of the year has put a lot of things on my plate and I would not have had the time to start on a move until next year. We would have had to live with frequent outages. In that I still have an account with the old provider until the end of the month, through email notices, I see where they have had another lengthy outage this week.

If you have any interest in Yesterday's Weapons, Et2ss has a forum that should interest you. He has temporarily turned registrations off because of some issues with spam registrations, but the link will take you to the post that gives instructions for registration.

Et2ss has given me a heck of a Christmas present by stepping forward, given all the members one, and I am truly grateful!
Michael
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Forum Changes Behind The Scene

Post by daboone »

Thank You Et2ss and RD for keeping this campfire resort for old fogies like me. My son is in the firewall/computer systems management business. It keeps him frequently flying all over the world maintaining systems. From our conversations he makes it clear the frequent hassles you live and deal with.

I certainly will be taking a hard look a Yesterday's Weapons! As I'm a WWII weapons collector and love flintlocks I am excited by the prospect of this, new to me site.
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
Et2ss
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by Et2ss »

I was glad I could help!

As far as Yesterday's weapons, drop old Fr8dude an e-mail, and he will get you in the database.

He's an old Submariner buddy of mine, and will take care of you. Be sure to tell him Et2ss sent ya!

If you like flinters, OldTom on the forum does a heck of a job building them. Has lots of build pictures and so forth.

And thanks to RD, for the tips on software to keep the registration hackers at bay. Hopefully Fr8 gets ahold of you, and can implement them to get our registration back on line
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by akuser47 »

Agreed thanks to both of you for all that is done here. So glad RD has some help on the computer coding and moving with such I was clueless on.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Fyodor
Founding Member & Supporter

Post by Fyodor »

Great to hear! Thanks both of you.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
Et2ss
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by Et2ss »

Guys, an bit of information......

fr8dude has opened the registration back up for the forum, So go ahead and register now, Fyodor, still not sure why you can't see that forum. I will have him check on this, but it won't be for a few days as he left for the holidays with o access to the forum. Maybe RD can help on this? I honestly don't know all that much about the phpBB admin myself

Sorry for the delays, we would love to have you all over there swapping stories and such!
Fyodor

Post by Fyodor »

Thanks for trying. I'm very interested in the forum, since nearly all of my guns are historical.

Still get a recursive error: server gives a "forbidden" error, and another "forbidden" error when trying to display the error page :confused:
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Fyodor wrote:Thanks for trying. I'm very interested in the forum, since nearly all of my guns are historical.

Still get a recursive error: server gives a "forbidden" error, and another "forbidden" error when trying to display the error page :confused:
Not sure either as I'm viewing fine on both a laptop and Android device.
Michael
alphalimafoxtrot
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Lee Loader

Post by alphalimafoxtrot »

In my recovery phase here at "dog sleeping on my legs central", I just browsed to this thread. Wow! Amazing how much is going on when I get distracted by physical therapy, doing one-handed laundry (and lots of it - we washed both dogs yesterday!) and the winter holiday ups & downs. Now one thing I wanted to mention: I really like the Kar98a or Polish WZ carbine that I see on the main page of that new website. Nice! I will eventually try to register as well. Darn it! Too many things get my interest!!
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
Et2ss
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by Et2ss »

I think fr8dude has found a way to keep the spammers out of the yesterdaysweapons forum. Registration is open for those interested. A bit of an odd one but;

1. Your user name must begin with a 7 (we can remove that with approval).
2. You MUST answer ALL questions. If not membership will not be approved.
3. Make a short post upon approval.(even it is just "Hi")
4. After you make your first post the "7" will be removed so if you try to log in after that and fail, try again without the "7".

Thanks for your interest in that forum.

Return to “Registration, Rules, and Information”