Lyman Corncob Plus Problems

Hand decappers, chamfer/deburr tool, primer pocket tool.
larryw
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Lyman Corncob Plus Problems

Post by larryw »

+corn
A day late & A dollar short? Story of my life +guns
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by 62chevy »

larryw wrote:+corn
HAHAHA the Covid got 'em. +of
Je suis Charlie
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

So I found an efficient and hands off method to unclog my flash holes...throw the cases in a Folgers can with a lid and let them bounce around in the bed of my truck for half a week. Almost all the cases are clear. My 3K+ rounds of prepped 9X19 is almost complete.

Still no response from Lyman.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

GasGuzzler wrote:So I found an efficient and hands off method to unclog my flash holes...throw the cases in a Folgers can with a lid and let them bounce around in the bed of my truck for half a week. Almost all the cases are clear. My 3K+ rounds of prepped 9X19 is almost complete.

Still no response from Lyman.
That's one way to do it. Probably could fill the bottom of your pickup bed with any media and it get it done. Shame on Lyman.
Michael
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

All I was doing was getting the flash holes unclogged of Lyman media. They were already tumbled.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
killian6pk
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by killian6pk »

Wouldn't running them through the media separator take all that out of the pockets, and it would save gas too.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

killian6pk wrote:Wouldn't running them through the media separator take all that out of the pockets, and it would save gas too.
No, as documented with photos the Lyman stuff I got on my own and the stuff recommended here plugged an overwhelming majority of the primer pockets AND had to be dumped out of the necks vigorously.

I have an RCBS separator. It's fine with fat pistol brass. It won't unpack the crap out of the primer pockets on rifle brass or smaller pistol brass. I don't waste gas drying my super clean and shiny washed brass that I don't bother with stainless pins cleaning or unpacking primer pockets...I just drive to where I need to with it back there. Works for me, especially since I will likely NEVER use the stuff again anyway. Well, NEVER is a strong word.
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by RBHarter »

It's an open country mind set . People look at me like I'm nuts because we go 30 miles to have dinner with my Mom twice a week and 35 to have lunch an do some shopping every week here in Arkansas . In opposite directions so there's no save a trip .
Out west we were 75 miles from Walmart and for most of a year saved 85+ cents a gallon on gas going there took 6 gallons round trip 18 gallons in the truck , 25 for the other one . 1 gallon in 5 was free ....... Mind set when everything is less than 10 miles away and it takes 2 hours to drive 90 miles it's a big deal . When it's 40 miles across the metro or 100 for dinner and a movie and it takes 1 hr 15 and 100 miles between services it just isn't .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....

Return to “All Other Tools”