Added Lee Treaded Case Cutter to Lyman Case Prep Express

Case Length Gauge/Holder, Deluxe Quick Trim Case Trimmer, and Zip Trim. Includes Length Gauge ball & stud.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Added Lee Treaded Case Cutter to Lyman Case Prep Express

Post by Ranch Dog »

Last Christmas I bought a Lyman Case Prep Express for myself but was not really happy with it as it occuppied too much bench space for the simple work of chamfering & deburring cases along with the primer pocket task. I recently saw were Lee is offering Threaded Case Cutter Adapter #90468 and thought it would be perfect for the Lyman bench station.
lyman_case_prep_express_lee_90468.jpg
This simple adapter has changed how I feel about the Prep Express and has won it a place on my bench! Now it is truly a case prep tool!

As I noted in another topic, I check and adjust the trim length of the cutter with a caliper prior to the task and it remains throughout the prep session.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: Added Lee Treaded Case Cutter to Lyman Case Prep Express

Post by 62chevy »

Cool but where did you get the handle holding the case?
Je suis Charlie
Chickenthief
My Press Choice: Lee Loader

Post by Chickenthief »

Thats easy!
Any bit screwdriver will do:
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Chickenthief's got it covered. Any bit screwdriver will work. I had one that locks laying in my tool box.
HF_65062.jpg
This one at Harbor Freight is $3.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael
Patriot007

Post by Patriot007 »

Thanks for the info. I've been thinking of buy a Lyman Case Prep Express for my bench. Adding the trimmer to it will be a great add on. I have looked at several, and this option will make the decision easy.
:D
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by daboone »

The Lee 3-jaw Chuck is another great tool that makes securing the cases for trimming super fast and easy on arthritic hands. I had to epoxy the drill adapter end into a 7.62x39 case and the end of that case into a Lee ball handle to make it super convenient for me. Similar to the picture in this thread.http://www.lee-loader.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=270
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by 62chevy »

daboone wrote:The Lee 3-jaw Chuck is another great tool that makes securing the cases for trimming super fast and easy on arthritic hands. I had to epoxy the drill adapter end into a 7.62x39 case and the end of that case into a Lee ball handle to make it super convenient for me. Similar to the picture in this thread.http://www.lee-loader.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=270

Was thinking of that after reading this thread but couldn't remember who or where.
Je suis Charlie
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by daboone »

The photo in that link show the standard lock stud for the Lee trimmer's shellholder. The idea is the same, just swapping the lock stud for the 3-jawed Chuck.

An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
Dan 444

Post by Dan 444 »

Yep, RD, I did the same thing (Lee threaded cutter) with my RCBS case prep center. Life is good...

Dan
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I was coming back to this topic tonight as I figured out that the threaded stock needs to be secured into the cutter and then down into the unit itself. The threaded stock has an allen head at one end and I believe that you are supposed to secure it down through the cutter when you install it. In that I need it off as I measure or double check the cutting length each time, I need the threaded stock secured to the cutter so that I can tighten it down. Out came the JB Weld and end of issue. I cleaned it with denatured alcohol prior to using the epoxy.
90468_threaded_cutter_adapter_02.jpg
90468_threaded_cutter_adapter_03.jpg
Michael

Return to “Case Trimming”