Zip Trim preference

Case Length Gauge/Holder, Deluxe Quick Trim Case Trimmer, and Zip Trim. Includes Length Gauge ball & stud.
Kaiser
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Zip Trim preference

Post by Kaiser »

I purchased a Zip trim when it first showed up on the market. I liked it so well I sold my Forester and stopped considering other more costly alternatives. Like many users, I experienced a failure of the first unit that could not be easily repaired; I trashed it after over 3 years of use. I trimmed my cases using Lee’s other hand tools until I decided to order another Zip Trim. I’ve been using the second ”Zip” with total satisfaction for the last 5 years. It’s easy to use, inexpensive, easy to switch use to other cartridges, and I have not experienced the spring and spool problems I had with the first unit. I suspect Lee improved the Zip Trim, otherwise they would not have continued to market the unit IMO.

Trimming cases and preparing them for charging are two of the most arduous tasks in reloading tasks. My Lee Zip Trim is mounted right next to my Lyman Case Prep Xpress; now I don’t dread the process any more.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Zip Trim preference

Post by Ranch Dog »

That's good to hear Kaiser, not much has been mentioned about it in awhile.
Michael

Return to “Case Trimming”