Installation of Safety Primer Return Spring BP3376

celem
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Installation of Safety Primer Return Spring BP3376

Post by celem »

As I reported in Maximumbob54's post titled "Small Safety Prime stopped working", after loading several thousand primers, my Safety Primer gave up the ghost. I took it apart and found the "u" shaped delicate wire spring that returns the primer body to the idle position. Basically, the spring has sprung and no longer has the juice left in it to return the assembly to position. I tried to stretch it back out and it just broke. Knowing that lee has an excellent warranty service I sent an email to see if they would replace the spring. Lee emailed me and said they are sending me the spring for free. The part's identity is "BP3376 RETURN SPRING". I received it today and installed it. I needed to be sure that it was installed correctly and found a diagram in Lee's patent for their Safety Primer. It is Patent US7694618 B1. I have attached a diagram from Lee's patent as well as a photo that I made of the spring as correctly installed.

Now this Safety Primer has a new lease on life!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “On Press Priming”