Safety Primer mostly working

Ninety Caliber
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: Safety Primer mostly working

Post by Ninety Caliber »

celem wrote:
Maximumbob54 wrote:Did this ever get worked out? Because I'm back to priming on my Turret Press and it's working at 100% again.
Did I get it worked out? Well not really but I have gotten used to it. Out of a hundred rounds I drop maybe two or three primers. It is my belief that the safety primer is more of an art than a technology. Paying attention to what I'm doing and not trying too hard, going with the flow whatever you want to call it, it is an art and most of the time I can get it to work. However I really feel this should be more of a technology and less of an art.

Well at the price I paid for the Classic Turret Kit I'm willing to live with the "art" aspect. I've had mine for about 6 months and am extremely happy(I drop about one per hundred lol).
$199.00 at Natchez!
celem
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by celem »

Don't get me wrong I'm very satisfied with the Lee classic turret in fact, today I just finished loading 2oo 9mm Luger rounds, even though I dropped 4 or 5 primers while loading the 200 rounds, and yes they are hard to find when I make it to the floor. Usually I can feel when it's going wrong and I put my hand there to catch it. Sometimes, however, I miss one. I just wish the safety primer worked better or at least as good as it worked on the single stage press. For some reason it works really well on a single stage press. Much better than it does, at least for me, on the classic turret press. It seems so flimsy. I would gladly pay Lee more for something that was made out of metal and more precise and not so flimsy. They can keep the flimsy plastic thing if they want to but offer me a more precise metal version, or maybe even a better plastic version - thicker stronger - something doesn't wobble around.
larryw
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by larryw »

daboone wrote:It's not the dropping 2 to 3 per 100s that bothers me it's finding where the little suckers are hiding. :lol:
I hear 'ya on that one D. Since I am bare foot all the time
I tend to find 'em pretty quick, then I get to practice my cussing +guns
A day late & A dollar short? Story of my life +guns

Return to “On Press Priming”