Ergo-Prime

Fyodor
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Ergo-Prime

Post by Fyodor »

moonie wrote:I also have the auto prime II
Nowadays this thing is really hard to find. I tried to get one, but LEE doesn't have any left, and on ebay they are way too expensive.

My ergo will be in soon anyway.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
jmortimer
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by jmortimer »

Have a stable of Auto Primes but will be getting an Ergo Prime. From what I can find/read, you need to keep it at a 35 degree angle to keep it functioning. I guess I will find out.
"Had his shooting been as good as his running, he might have given a better account of himself."
James. C. Henderson
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

jmortimer wrote:Have a stable of Auto Primes but will be getting an Ergo Prime. From what I can find/read, you need to keep it at a 35 degree angle to keep it functioning. I guess I will find out.
I would say that is an accurate statement.
Michael
Fyodor

Post by Fyodor »

Fyodor wrote:I have it on my order list that will be sent out next week... maybe I can tell you more after it arrived. Hopefully that will still be this year.
Well, it took some time until I actually gave it a try, but what should I say: That thing works great, fits to my hand perfectly and I like it!
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
Steve A

Post by Steve A »

I have two and they work quite well, best if you run a rubber band around the primer portion to better keep it in control.
Steelbanger
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by Steelbanger »

I am in need of yet another priming tool. What is the consensus of our Lee Ergo Prime owners using this tool? I would like to add one of these to my collection of RCBS tools, unused now, and ready to try something else.

Thank you,
Frank
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

It has worked great for me Frank.
Michael
Steelbanger
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Steelbanger »

I ordered mine yesterday but it will take a week to arrive by FedEx Ground. Just because I ordered a small bottle of Breakfree CLP it all has to ship ground.

I thought that the prepackaged shellholders were all I needed but I checked before ordering and found that I also needed one for the 32-20 and 44-40
Steelbanger
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Steelbanger »

I had my initial experience with my new Ergo Prime, having the same issues as RD when he started to use his. Probably three or four times out of 350 cases primed I had a primer turn 90 or 180 degrees. I figured that I am doing something wrong and tried to be more careful. Another area that needs attention from the operator is when you try to reload the primer tray, using one hand to hold the unit and the other hand to open the container, slide the primer box lid to open the package then dump the primers onto the tray, quite a lot for one hand to accomplish especially when I use Federal Primers with their oversize packaging almost exclusively.

Overall I like this tool as it has the feel of a substantial piece of equipment. I also like the Lee shellholders, and the way Lee recommends oiling contact points. Time will tell though. Also, the parts look to be steel rather than the soft pot metal used by one of Lee's competitors.

My reloading project for the day continues as I have to size and lube enough bullets for 250 32-20's and another 100 for the 38-55. If I finish that phase I may take the rest of the day off and finish loading tomorrow. Maybe.
Last edited by Steelbanger on 17 Jul 2014 14:11, edited 1 time in total.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Are those Ranch Dog's that you are loading? I have another tray of my C380-250-RF ready for some more testing in my JES Rio Grande.
Michael

Return to “Off Press Priming”