Auto Prime Comfort Grip

Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Auto Prime Comfort Grip

Post by Ranch Dog »

I don't prime much off the press anymore but favor my original Auto Primes more than the Ergo-Prime I purchased. I've made it a project to go through all my tools this summer and wanted to buy the box Lee sells to store the Ergo in. It will go into my storeroom with the rest of the stuff that I will eventually start listing. While purchasing that box from Titan, I decided to order two Comfort Grips for my two Auto Primes. Very nice and they are exactly what I was looking for when I bought the Ergo-Prime, more grip on the Auto without the added weight of the Ergo.

Michael
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Auto Prime Comfort Grip

Post by daboone »

I use tennis racket tape on the hand press, a hand deprimer, and hand primer.
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
mikld
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: Auto Prime Comfort Grip

Post by mikld »

Mebbe I should have tried that on my hand primers. I tried 3 different manufacturers of hand primers and I could not find one to fit my hand (sounds silly, but being a lifelong machinist/mechanic I can use 99.9% of all hand tools I've encountered in 60 years of working, just not hand priming tools! :lol: ). I would have to reset the tool in my hand after each squeeze and often got varying results with seating primers...

Return to “Off Press Priming”