Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

New 2018 Lee Priming Tool Kit

Post by JohnnyEnfield »

Hello everyone,

Has anyone used one of these yet?:

https://leeprecision.com/priming-tool-kit.html

I had never even seen it until today. I am just wondering how well it is made and if it works well. I have always primed on the press so I am not sure I want to use a hand primer, though it may save time.

Stay safe.
Reduce, reuse, recycle, means- resize, reload, recycle.
Fyodor
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: New 2018 Lee Priming Tool Kit

Post by Fyodor »

No, haven't seen it yet. I like the new box, that holds the whole set of shell holders, no need for a second box next to it. And they include a lot of shell holders already.

I also read, that they will indroduce a new progressive press, based on the Challenger. It will be a 4 station progressive. I'm very interested in that one, depending on how they get the priming system done, it might replace the LoadMaster (which has 5 holes, but only 4 usable stations) and the pro1000 (which has only 3 holes).
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
Macd
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by Macd »

Nice looking package.

As to your question, I prime both on the press, mostly for pistol in the turret press and also off the press. (I don't use the turret for rifle). I prefer doing rifle off the press as I can better feel the primer seating. I also occasionally hit a tight primer pocket or a crimped one and it is a whole lot easier to feel this with the hand primer than the press. Finally my arthritis sometimes tells it is time to use the press :cry: Then, as I noted, I only use the single stage press for rifle.
mikld
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by mikld »

While I don't have the kit, I do have an Ergo Prime tool. It is well made, uses Lee's priming tool shell holders, but it doesn't fit my hand. I have to reset the tool in my hand after every squeeze, and I'm sure most folks don't. It was fairly consistent in seating and aside from feeling clumsy in my hand, it's a good tool (as a lifelong machinist/mechanic I've made my living using hand tools and rarely have problems. I'm sure it's just my fat fingers that dislike the Ergo Prime...).
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

mikld wrote:While I don't have the kit, I do have an Ergo Prime tool. It is well made, uses Lee's priming tool shell holders, but it doesn't fit my hand. I have to reset the tool in my hand after every squeeze, and I'm sure most folks don't. It was fairly consistent in seating and aside from feeling clumsy in my hand, it's a good tool (as a lifelong machinist/mechanic I've made my living using hand tools and rarely have problems. I'm sure it's just my fat fingers that dislike the Ergo Prime...).
I had the same problem with the Ergo Prime mikld. That is where I went to priming on the turret with the Safety Prime.

I see they now make a box or it as well.
Michael
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

I use these.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
cj8281
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by cj8281 »

I have that same RCBS one but I prefer the Lee AutoPrime, shell holders are much easier to change, that one you have to disassemble it to change shell holders.

Return to “Off Press Priming”