LEE Auto Bench Prime Overview and Priming both .223 and .308

Fyodor
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: LEE Auto Bench Prime Overview and Priming both .223 and

Post by Fyodor »

mikld wrote:Just a thought; The feller in the video seems to be an experienced loader, but I would never dump a bunch of loose primers into a box. [...] . I've read and heard too many times this is a dangerous practice (as a matter of fact, I know of no one who does this)...
I know at least one company who sells primers like that... 3500 bulk package:
ib_p057_1_1.jpg
Ammunition plants also get their primers loose in large boxes. Obviously it isn't unsafe. Primers need a sharp strike to detonate, and other primers are way too light to deliver the impulse needed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
Steve
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Steve »

daboone wrote:I'm sure very few of us are strictly Lee users. I would think many of us have been reloading for many years. Because of that we have an assorted collection of vendors on and about our bench. I've always like Lee tools and dies because of the price. It wasn't until after learning of the reloading communities on the internet that found out lee stuff was "JUNK" and invariably berated. ( that was back in the mid 90s) This always confused me as the tools, dies and press I aquired work as well as my Herters, RCBS, Bonanza and CH4D stuff. But what do I know? I'm not a famous shooter or anything for that matter.

If I didn't have the RCBS bench primer then I know I would be getting the new Lee bench primer. That would have save a bunch of money and a lot of time filling the primer tubes required by this RCBS unit.

As usual Lee is a serious innovator and realizes that reloaders are cost conscience. Lee makes TOOLS for us. I'm glad that the attitude that once was SO prevalent, Lee bashing, has all but disappeared. I'm also glad that we have this site to brag about out "junk" stuff. ;)
I'm a Lee Fan too. One of the reasons I enjoyed the Loadmaster was the DIY work it took to finally get what I wanted without buying any extras for it. I doubt that I would have the paticense now.
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by daboone »

Steve wrote: I'm a Lee Fan too. One of the reasons I enjoyed the Loadmaster was the DIY work it took to finally get what I wanted without buying any extras for it. I doubt that I would have the patience now.
Yep the LM was on and off my bench several times in a serious love/hate relationship. I even ordered aftermarket stuff I saw folks offering over on the the Loadmasterzone. I found it very reliable and worthwhile if I primed off press. When a son returned a 550B I'd given him several years ago I decided the LM career had ended. I do not own any other Dillon equipment, dies or tools as they don't perform any better than Lee's stuff. I'm old and single so I can afford any reloading tool I want. Now days Lee gets 99% of my money for tools. My dog think I should spend more on treats.
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
Bagarocks
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by Bagarocks »

The dogs right, aren't they always?
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by daboone »

Well Paddles, my dog, has devoted his life to training me to behave in a manner suited to his requirements. (named Paddles because he's an expert swimmer and love it.) He lets me think I'm alpha until it's his dinner time.
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.

Return to “Off Press Priming”