62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Auto Bench Prime Jamming Issue

Post by 62chevy »

INSIGHT OF THE MONTH:
Auto Bench Prime Jamming Issue

If you do not lift the lever firmly enough, you may get a primer fed against the flash gate and a second primer in the elevator. To release trapped primer, use a paper clip to slide the primer back into the elevator. To prevent this from happening, firmly lift against the rubber up stop, or remove the rubber up stop o-ring with a pocket knife.

When installing a primer be sure to raise the lever back up to the top stop. If you simply let go of the lever at the bottom of the stroke the spring can return the lever with enough force to release another unwanted primer.

This was in an email from Titan Reloading.
Je suis Charlie
Deleted User 1404

Re: Auto Bench Prime Jamming Issue

Post by Deleted User 1404 »

Lee needs to do the right thing and recall this product. I have tried it with the oring and with out still get primer jamming and without the oring the shell holder is lose and will not stay centered. Miss handling primers is dangerous.
mikld
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter

Post by mikld »

All I can say is I'm approaching 800 cases primed with my Lee Bench Prime and when I operate it as the instructions indicate, I have no problems. I have not removed anything. Having read all the negative reports I can only deduce that the user is 90% at fault, IMHO. Perhaps me being a lifelong machinist/mechanic I can use hand tools correctly and as designed. The last 400 cases I have primed (small pistol, large pistol, large rifle), I have just dumped a sleeve of primers in the tray, inserted the tray, and primed 100 cases, non-stop. No jamming issues, no need for a recall...
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

Glad I have no use for this. That means no need to test. I'm an engineer schooled auto tech so I could use it I bet but I have no problem with my green hand primer or the weirdo on-press unit on my LCT.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 62chevy »

GasGuzzler wrote:Glad I have no use for this. That means no need to test. I'm an engineer schooled auto tech so I could use it I bet but I have no problem with my green hand primer or the weirdo on-press unit on my LCT.

I'm with you GasGuzzler as I love the Lee safety Prime that came with the Classic Turret but have a gizmo that I can use it on my single stage too so would go that way instead of buying a new mouse trap.
Je suis Charlie

Return to “Off Press Priming”