My Reminder On Priming

Steve
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

My Reminder On Priming

Post by Steve »

This is a always present reminder to me not to go back to priming on press.
On the Loadmaster primers were the main cause of crashes, pulling bullets, rework, and mistakes. Not for me anymore, I won't go back to priming on press, any press.
BadPrime.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: My Reminder On Priming

Post by RBHarter »

Good reminder.

I think there are factory fixes for the priming bugs now .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
Steve

Post by Steve »

My procedure for loading works so well I would never prime on press. And the Loadmaster puts ammo out so fast I hate to see the loading sessions over so quick. I prime the cases while watching TV so I count that as zero time lost do to the fact I am setting there on my rear regardless.
piratepast40

Post by piratepast40 »

For what it's worth, my Load Master is a little over a year old and I'm not having the problems that you hear of with older presses. I'm assuming that the changes that Lee has introduced to the primer system has resolved many issues. I'm still low time on this press with only about 10k rounds loaded, so perhaps I haven't hit the time on the machine when problems start. Just saying that I'm plugging away and making ammo on my Load Master without all the headaches some talk about.
Steve

Post by Steve »

piratepast40 wrote:For what it's worth, my Load Master is a little over a year old and I'm not having the problems that you hear of with older presses. I'm assuming that the changes that Lee has introduced to the primer system has resolved many issues. I'm still low time on this press with only about 10k rounds loaded, so perhaps I haven't hit the time on the machine when problems start. Just saying that I'm plugging away and making ammo on my Load Master without all the headaches some talk about.
That's good news, I'm glad they corrected it. I'm so settled in my loading routine and having such good luck I will never go back to priming while loading on any press.
r1200r

Post by r1200r »

piratepast40 wrote:For what it's worth, my Load Master is a little over a year old and I'm not having the problems that you hear of with older presses. I'm assuming that the changes that Lee has introduced to the primer system has resolved many issues. I'm still low time on this press with only about 10k rounds loaded, so perhaps I haven't hit the time on the machine when problems start. Just saying that I'm plugging away and making ammo on my Load Master without all the headaches some talk about.
I'm in the same boat with my LM, no priming issues at all. The couple upside down primers I experienced were caused by my carelessness in fitting the tray onto the primer feed chute. Other than that mines run flawlessly. I purchased my LM new from Titan Reloading back in August '15 and have run several thousand through it now.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

r1200r wrote:
I'm in the same boat with my LM, no priming issues at all. The couple upside down primers I experienced were caused by my carelessness in fitting the tray onto the primer feed chute. Other than that mines run flawlessly. I purchased my LM new from Titan Reloading back in August '15 and have run several thousand through it now.
Almost makes me want to part mine out on eBay and buy new ones! Will see what the happens once I start in.
Michael

Return to “Off Press Priming”