Bought a NIB Auto Prime

Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Bought a NIB Auto Prime

Post by Ranch Dog »

May be I'm old school but I gave up on the Ergo-Prime. Pulled my old Auto Prime out and it is back in use for my non-progressive loading. Been watching eBay for a new Auto Prime to place on standby should my old one ever give up the ghost. Others must feel the same way as the bidding was rather stiff and I had to pay what the Ergo cost. That's okay, as I feel the original product is better than the replacement.
Michael
Fyodor
Founding Member & Supporter

Re: Bought a NIB Auto Prime

Post by Fyodor »

I've never used the old style AutoPrime hand primer, but I never had big issues with the ErgoPrime. I still prefer to prime on press.

When I tried to get my hands on an AutoPrime II press priming system, I also realized how expensive this old stuff became. If LEE was still making it and sold it for half that price, they would be happy.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Fyodor wrote:If LEE was still making it and sold it for half that price, they would be happy.
No kidding, look at the .410 Lee Loaders!
Michael
buckeye43210
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by buckeye43210 »

I also managed to snag a used Auto Prime on eBay for spare parts. Now I have one set up for large primers and the other for small primers. I've been told the XR uses the same body as the classic...
Maximumbob54
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by Maximumbob54 »

I keep trying to get one of the Auto Prime II sets. For so many complaints it sure is hard to find one for sale.
buckeye43210
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by buckeye43210 »

Maximumbob54 wrote:I keep trying to get one of the Auto Prime II sets. For so many complaints it sure is hard to find one for sale.
An Auto Prime II is also on my list of things to purchase. I plan on adding some RCBS 186233 bushings to help keep the primers aligned.

Fyodor

Post by Fyodor »

The auto prime II is a great tool, and with the bushings it works flawless, even on the hand press :D
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by daboone »

buckeye43210 wrote:
Maximumbob54 wrote:I keep trying to get one of the Auto Prime II sets. For so many complaints it sure is hard to find one for sale.
An Auto Prime II is also on my list of things to purchase. I plan on adding some RCBS 186233 bushings to help keep the primers aligned.
That bushing really does make the APII a flawless priming system. An innovative reloader, A pause for the COZ, was the guy who came up with adding the bushings.

Thank You Steve for giving me yours.
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
buckeye43210
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by buckeye43210 »

daboone wrote:
buckeye43210 wrote:
That bushing really does make the APII a flawless priming system. An innovative reloader, A pause for the COZ, was the guy who came up with adding the bushings.

Thank You Steve for giving me yours.
Thanks Daboone,

Here's a link to COZ's original post describing this modification on Cast Boolits. I managed to win an ebay auction for an Auto Prime II last night. Hint -- look for auctions with typos in the title or that are incorrectly categorized...
+guns
Fyodor

Post by Fyodor »

buckeye43210 wrote: Here's a link to COZ's original post describing this modification on Cast Boolits. I managed to win an ebay auction for an Auto Prime II last night. Hint -- look for auctions with typos in the title or that are incorrectly categorized...
+guns
Thanks for the link! I forgott I'm also a member there ;)

And that's the way to ebay... I got my APII the same way. ;)

Return to “Off Press Priming”