Old Lee screw in primmer shell holders

Re: Old Lee screw in primmer shell holders

Postby Green Frog » 07 Dec 2020 10:23

Poppy42, did you ever find your M shell holder? I know I’ve got the one I use for my 9mms, but I could check to see what’s in my trading stock... I’m looking for an EE size for 44-40.

Froggie
Green Frog

My Press Choice: Lee Loader

Postby Green Frog » 07 Dec 2020 19:08

Poppy42 wrote:I have a couple old Lee hand primers, the kind that requires screw in shell holders. Great primers, for small volume reloading, as you have to place one primmer in the tool at a time. I keep mine in my bug out bag along with my lead loaders, my Lee hand press, and my Lyman 310 tools. Well I was going through my stuff today and it seems I have lost missed placed or never had( I can’t remember) The one to load 9 mm, the one marked M . My question is anybody have one of these or know where I might be able to purchase one? It’s not like I can ask Lee they haven’t made these in years. I appreciate any help suggestions anybody has.
Thanks,
Poppy42

Does anyone know whether Poppy42 is still around? He listed himself as being in Virginia (me too) and I found the M shell holder in my spare parts box. I’m still looking for a EE to prime my 44-40s. I’d love to find someone who has these or other extras and would like to do some swapping. :mrgreen:

Froggie
Green Frog

My Press Choice: Lee Loader

Postby GasGuzzler » 08 Dec 2020 06:34

Green Frog wrote: I’d love to find someone who has these or other extras and would like to do some swapping.

There is a swap/sell section on this site for that sort of thing but it is not one of the main reasons people come to the website. Try a WTB/WTT topic there.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

My Press Choice: Turret

Postby ireload2 » 25 Dec 2020 04:21

I get new shell holders and replacement parts on ebay. Just expect to pay premium prices most of the time. I have been using the old style for about 50 years.
ireload2

My Press Choice: Single Stage

Previous

Return to Off Press Priming