New reloading space finally finished!

From a shoebox to an full production setup, show us how you operate! There is something to learn from everyone!
Shooterrick2020
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

New reloading space finally finished!

Post by Shooterrick2020 »

Finally got the rest of the equipment in and enough supplies to start. I'll first mention my metal cabinet for storage first Shelf is primers bottom shelf is powder and the middle shelf separating them as general storage. . On top of the cabinet is my literature to of the three reloading manuals I purchased and a ultrasonic cleaner.

The bench itself I'm very happy with. First I'm dealing with a small space in my home office and I think is going to work out well. The Press is very rigid since I added a three-quarter inch Hardwood plate under the press is mounting plate which is Lee. Press itself as a cam lock Pro with case feeder and a pro disc powder measure. At the moment I have the micrometer bar in the powder measure and I understand there has been some problems with it but we will see. Due to space limitations I did not get a standard balance scale but I have a Hornady digital scale coupled with Lyman check weights to ensure reasonable accuracy. I have the basic tools such as a bullet puller powder Trickle digital calipers Etc.

I made a couple modifications to the Press from the beginning. First thing I got rid of was the lamp chain. I had a couple of Springs hear from a different project leftover that I got from Home Depot and two of them together are about the perfect tension for the powder measure. I also had 3 magnetic bore lights and have one position to be able to see into the powder charge with ease. I am not adding a bullet feeder because I prefer being able to see into the case while I place the bullet on top as a form of discipline in myself and safety. Have included several pics and we'll have to separate them but at the moment I am set up to load 45 ACP and I have bushings and dies for 357 38 Special and 9 mm. . I want to mention above the bench there are two wire shelves. The top shelf is unclean brass the bottom shelf is clean and new brass. Under the bench there is another Shelf and I have a Lyman 1200 brass Tumblr. Also on the Press is a Lee safety Prime.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Shooterrick2020 on 01 May 2020 15:41, edited 5 times in total.
If you always do what you always did you will always get what you always got.
Shooterrick2020
Supporter
Supporter

Re: New reloading space finally finished!

Additional photos
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
larryw
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by larryw »

That's a great looking little space, sure beats what I started with.
Just make sure it's as solid, rigid & as tightly anchored to the wall
as possible. Nice space, well done, now let's see some rounds...
A day late & A dollar short? Story of my life +guns
Shooterrick2020
Supporter
Supporter

larryw wrote:That's a great looking little space, sure beats what I started with.
Just make sure it's as solid, rigid & as tightly anchored to the wall
as possible. Nice space, well done, now let's see some rounds...
The bench is very rigid even though it was pre-engineered I went under it when I put it together and put in additional cross-bracing and then added the hardwood plate on top and I've tried to flex it when I ran the Press and could not. . Thanks for the input I'm probably going to run some 45 ACP test rounds this weekend.
mmargotta
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by mmargotta »

I'm afraid your bench is too neat for me, I wouldn't know where to begin! LOL
Beautiful !
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Very nice and clean.
Michael
Shooterrick2020
Supporter
Supporter

Lol. . Guess the confession is in order. My bench is clean and organized because I work in a laboratory at a laboratory bench in my profession. . I have learned for myself that that has made me a bit anal I guess about neatness at my work space.

I'll try to dirty it up some so you all feel more at home. Lolololol

Return to “Show Us Your Bench!”