Royce's Loading Bench

From a shoebox to an full production setup, show us how you operate! There is something to learn from everyone!
Macd
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Royce's Loading Bench

Post by Macd »

My bench got a rearranging the other day. I was putting the hairpin trigger spring back into a break-open shotgun and it decided to jump onto the bench. I took everything off to look for it only to discover it had decided to jump from the bench onto my fatigue mat. Only reason I found the pesky critter was I dropped a shell holder while clearing the bench. Not going to show bench because I was not in the best of moods when I put everything back.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

Macd wrote:My bench got a rearranging the other day. I was putting the hairpin trigger spring back into a break-open shotgun and it decided to jump onto the bench. I took everything off to look for it only to discover it had decided to jump from the bench onto my fatigue mat. Only reason I found the pesky critter was I dropped a shell holder while clearing the bench. Not going to show bench because I was not in the best of moods when I put everything back.
I understand! I seem to go through the same about three times a year! It takes me a month to recover!
Michael
Royce
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by Royce »

I put clear plastic over the holes for now because primers can fall in there. May have to find some wooden plugs to make it more permanent.
bls65 wrote:Royce, I have the same bench good choice....Solid as a rock! +guns
2 X Lee Classic Turret Presses, 3 X Lee 1000 Presses, 1 X Lee Reloader Press, 1X Lee Six Pack Pro, 1X Ultimate Turret
Shooterrick2020
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Shooterrick2020 »

I use a wooden dowel for 1 of the bench dog holes on the far side of my bench for a paper towel holder.
If you always do what you always did you will always get what you always got.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I've moved a lot of equipment around on my bench over 25 years. I stick a short piece of dowel in the press bolt holds to use as shell holder-holders for those that I frequent.
bench_shell_holder.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

I will have to glue, drive in, cut off several dowels in my bench top to fill all my press holes as my bench plate stuff should be here TODAY.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

GasGuzzler wrote:I will have to glue, drive in, cut off several dowels in my bench top to fill all my press holes as my bench plate stuff should be here TODAY.
Funny as that is how this started, filling holes after the bench plates were introduced. As I worked around the first plate, I thought, "I know what I can use this one for :!: "
Michael
Macd
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by Macd »

I intentionally drilled holes in my workbench and then inserted "T" nuts from the bottom. A tapered head cap screw in the countersunk holes allows their use for hold downs and temporary mounting of jigs etc. I have no requirement for this on my reloading bench but it might be useful for people who need to mount and dismount equipment.

Return to “Show Us Your Bench!”