My Meager Bench

From a shoebox to an full production setup, show us how you operate! There is something to learn from everyone!
Jeff H
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

My Meager Bench

Post by Jeff H »

This was a college dorm room wall locker I got for $4 in the nineties. If it won't fit in here, I don't need it. Top half is working area, bottom is storage. I do keep moulds, primers and powder in a decommissioned upright freezer. The original turret press is the main work horse since 1982. I keep a single stage LEE below and C-clamp it to a workbench to size bullets and I C-clamp my Wilson case trimmer to a bench to trim cases.

This is my happy place and when I close the doors, it's all pretty innocuous looking except for the padlocks. It gets hot in the summer and darned cold in the winter, but there's no corner of my shop I'd rather be. My casting bench is a mess because I rearranged benches, so there's no point in showing that.

Well, these are attached exactly backwards of what I described, but you get the idea.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: My Meager Bench

Post by Ranch Dog »

Very nice, very organized Jeff!
Michael
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

I bought some cheap .22WMR ammo off a guy in far north Cooke/Grayson county that had his stash in the garage locked in an old upright fridge.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by akuser47 »

Well done looks very organized
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Jeff H
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Jeff H »

GasGuzzler wrote:I bought some cheap .22WMR ammo off a guy in far north Cooke/Grayson county that had his stash in the garage locked in an old upright fridge.
Depending on the layout, they can be very handy. Moderates temp swings enough that the inside rarely catches up to external extremes. Still needs an explosion relief panel. If not for the hasp, I believe the door seal would be enough because the latch mechanism has been removed. A deceased friend kept welding rods in it before he gave up farming.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

Right on. His had a hasp and lock. At least it was in the garage and not the house. If your house catches fire then push it out first. Can't do that with a filing cabinet.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.

Return to “Show Us Your Bench!”