Load-Masters

From a shoebox to an full production setup, show us how you operate! There is something to learn from everyone!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Load-Masters

Post by Ranch Dog »

The reloading I've done with the 25 Auto caused me to reorganize my Load-Master bench and go back through my presses so that the setup was the same on all. I added two Inline Fab LM Turret racks to hold the turrets that I swap out.

I went ahead and purchased a couple more bullet feeders from Titan so that I don't have to move feeders from one turret to another. All the turrets that use a bullet feeder will now have a dedicated feeder.

The press on the left will load 25 Auto, 32 Auto, and 380 Auto as they all share the same case length, the case feeder will not need to be adjusted. With the 32 Auto, I load the same bullet for two different pistols, a micro, and a compact. The COAL is different, and I do have a spare seating die, so I will change that die out on the common turret. Same with the Auto Drum, each pistol has it's own drum adjusted for it.

I also have a micro and compact 380s, but they use different bullets (different lengths), so I have individual turrets set up for them. The compact uses a heavy bullet which is longer and needs a different bullet feeding die.

The middle press will be for the 30 Carbine, 9mm Luger, and 9mm Makarov. The complication is that switching between them requires that the case feeder height is adjusted. Grainger does have round, threaded, standoff stock that I'm going to cut to the proper length for each cartridge to thread between the feeder and carrier mount. This will eliminate fine adjustment.

The Load-Masters on the right are stand alone for the 45 Auto and 7.6x39.
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Load-Masters

Post by Ranch Dog »

Ranch Dog wrote:Grainger does have round, threaded, standoff stock that I'm going to cut to the proper length for each cartridge to thread between the feeder and carrier mount. This will eliminate fine adjustment.

Low and behold, I found two multi-tube case feeders bases in my Load-Master parts bin. So, I will use a 1/4"-20 stop nut to establish the height on for the three cartridges that I'm changing out; the 30 Carbine, 9mm Luger, & 9mm Makarov. The Titan Tube Harnesses are very secure, so it will be easy to pull all four tubes and the collator together, and set them in in the adapter for the next cartridge.
Michael
Iskra
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by Iskra »

I like it a lot, Ranch Dog. Especially the Fab LM Turret racks addition. I might do the same!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Thanks! Reference the "standoffs" mention in my post, I went with stop nuts above the carrier attach points. Works great!

https://lee-loader.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2399
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Just heard back from Lee to a question I asked. They are going to send me a catalog cover scan from the intro of the Load-Master, and I'm going to try and have it professionally enlarged/printed for a wall hanging above this bench.
Michael
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by akuser47 »

now that's a cool idea RD
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!

Return to “Show Us Your Bench!”