RD's Presses

From a shoebox to an full production setup, show us how you operate! There is something to learn from everyone!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

RD's Presses

Post by Ranch Dog »

Trying to get my reloading room under control and lined up for a picture. Where they sit is not necessarily where I work with them because I have bench mounts in multiple spots on my three benches plus a bench in my garage.

Michael
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: RD's Presses

Post by akuser47 »

Love the clean layout, and it is so tidy. Well done
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

Man that's a lot of stuff.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

akuser47 wrote:Love the clean layout, and it is so tidy. Well done
Thanks AK, trouble is it never stays that way for long.
GasGuzzler wrote:Man that's a lot of stuff.
I'm older and it is a lifetime of saying "yes" to a good deal.
Michael
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by daboone »

Ranch Dog wrote:
akuser47 wrote:Love the clean layout, and it is so tidy. Well done
Thanks AK, trouble is it never stays that way for long.
GasGuzzler wrote:Man that's a lot of stuff.
I'm older and it is a lifetime of saying "yes" to a good deal.
Gotta :lol: :lol: :lol: with these responses! Each is a corollary of my personal Murphy's Law.

In my "world" I've gone in the opposite direction. I've started selling off or giving away stuff that doesn't work as well or isn't as fuss free as another tool collected over the years. Another factor is time available now that I'm older end of retired. I have no need to hurry or rush to do anything except getting to the bathroom. ;) Only 2 presses remain, a single stage (still my favorite press) and a progressive (for large amounts of plinking ammo, mostly for my family's use). I honestly enjoy setting up and tuning for a batch run. Once I allowed organization of workflow to become a reality in my reloading life the extra stuff I had collected became wasted space required for component storage and lead. It's important to keep at least a years supply because I plan on sticking around for that long at least. :roll:
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I asked my FFL again this week about getting rid of everything if I croak. He said no problem. I maintain an inventory list of everything in the room, everything.
Michael
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by daboone »

Ah heck RD that kind of list ruins the all surprises and misspent dollars on duplicates! Besides my kids have already made it clear who gonna get what.

That reminds me of a joke. As a man lay on his death bed a grandson asked him if he could make a sound like a frog. His grandpa ask him why he wanted him so sound like a frog.
The little boy replied "Grandma says when you croak we can all go to Disneyland."
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

I put a note under the butt pad what I paid and when on rifles. On things I make I do the same and also make note of special circumstances like if one my kids helps me. One such example is the rack I built for the Lee turrets. My youngest (almost 8) helped so I put that on the note underneath.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
oscarflytyer

Post by oscarflytyer »

looks like a reloading store! very impressive. mine had gotten so bad, I had to start over and clean up and rearrange everything. It was so bad, I didn't even want to go down and load...

Almost done. And seeing your pic helped get me going, and I put up my old gifted Bair press last night. Going to get a couple extra dies and set it up as a pseudo semi-progressive. I seat and crimp in diff ops, so hoping it will speed things along with two stations set up.

And, I have also found I need to keep an inventory, and check before buying something I think I need (or thought I needed it and already bought it!).
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

oscarflytyer wrote:looks like a reloading store! very impressive. mine had gotten so bad, I had to start over and clean up and rearrange everything. It was so bad, I didn't even want to go down and load...

Almost done. And seeing your pic helped get me going, and I put up my old gifted Bair press last night. Going to get a couple extra dies and set it up as a pseudo semi-progressive. I seat and crimp in diff ops, so hoping it will speed things along with two stations set up.

And, I have also found I need to keep an inventory, and check before buying something I think I need (or thought I needed it and already bought it!).
Oscar, you expressed my feeling when my room gets out of hand, I don't want to go in!

Your last statement about buying something you already bought it what finally pushed me over the edge, to get a complete inventory going, I was buying multiples of items already purchased.

Interesting about the Bair, I don't remember it, but that is the norm nowadays.
Michael

Return to “Show Us Your Bench!”