Bench chair height?

From a shoebox to an full production setup, show us how you operate! There is something to learn from everyone!
kaycee
My Press Choice: Turret

Bench chair height?

Post by kaycee »

Through a divorce, stuff in storage and moves I'm finally in my forever home (yay!). Somewhere along the way my reloading stool disappeared, so I'm looking to replace it with something comfortable. My bench is 37" tall and I'd like something with some cushion for my 240#, 6' frame. Anyone have a 'must-have'stool? Thanks!
farmerjim
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Bench chair height?

Post by farmerjim »

I sit on an old wooden chair I got back in the 70's. The Denham Springs High school cafeteria was remodeling and getting rid of their old furniture. I bought several chairs from them at $1 each. I still have 2 of them, and one is at my loading bench.
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by RBHarter »

Being the modern age and all , an adjustable office chair might be the easiest .

26-28" bar stools might do the trick . I have a 36" breakfast nook and table chairs are way too short . But a hydraulic/spring adjustable office chair is close .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
larryw
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter

Post by larryw »

RBHarter wrote:Being the modern age and all , an adjustable office chair might be the easiest .

26-28" bar stools might do the trick . I have a 36" breakfast nook and table chairs are way too short . But a hydraulic/spring adjustable office chair is close .
+1
A day late & A dollar short? Story of my life +guns
mr surveyor
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by mr surveyor »

It might take some looking, but if you can find a good used stable drafting table stool I bet it would work perfectly for that height work bench. Being equipped with a lot of surveying and drafting equipment gathered over the last 40 years or so, I've been able to re-purpose a whole lot of "work related" stuff to my shooting "fun stuff".

jd
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's just some things best left unsaid on the internetsuperhighway.
Shooterrick2020
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Shooterrick2020 »

farmerjim wrote:I sit on an old wooden chair I got back in the 70's. The Denham Springs High school cafeteria was remodeling and getting rid of their old furniture. I bought several chairs from them at $1 each. I still have 2 of them, and one is at my loading bench.
I do believe we are neighbors! Lol
If you always do what you always did you will always get what you always got.
Macd
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Macd »

mr surveyor wrote:It might take some looking, but if you can find a good used stable drafting table stool I bet it would work perfectly for that height work bench. Being equipped with a lot of surveying and drafting equipment gathered over the last 40 years or so, I've been able to re-purpose a whole lot of "work related" stuff to my shooting "fun stuff".

jd
Had one , broke it want another.
mmb617

Post by mmb617 »

I had a stool that was comfortable to sit on but it was too low. I added a couple pieces of angle iron and some casters and now it's just right. Bonus is I can move around without getting off my lazy butt!

Kaiser
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Kaiser »

Before I shopped for a new stool/chair, I used a tape measure to get the height I wanted to sit and still operate my Lee presses. I determined that I wanted a "swivel" type chair because I also can work on other projects other than die operations.

We live in a tourist area, so "bar stools" are pretty common items. I then went to a couple of thrift shops where I found a variety of stools and chairs with my "measurements" in hand. I came away with a swivel, arm chair with a back and arms for comfort. The swivel chair was all wood in fairly good shape where a shot or two of WD40 on the swivel made it work well and Ballistol on the wood made it look like new. (Castors on the legs would have made it a bit easier to move around, but I'd probably have it slip out from under me at some future time.)

Return to “Show Us Your Bench!”