New reloading room continued

From a shoebox to an full production setup, show us how you operate! There is something to learn from everyone!
Knighthawk
My Press Choice: Turret

New reloading room continued

Post by Knighthawk »

Well the loading bench is 2 - 3.5" x 12" x 96" glue lam beams bolted edge to edge to make a 24" deep by 8 foot long bench top. As a base, I bought from Home Depot, 2 tool boxes placed end for end for the base. The top is screwed to the boxes and to the wall. It does not move. The drawers of the boxes pull out all the way which is great compared to the old boxes I used to have that only came out 2/3's of the way. Big improvement. The boxes cost about $240 each on sale.
Reloading Bench.JPG
Next my casting bench is made out of 1 1/8 underlayment plywood, top 72" long by 20" deep. 12" deep shelving above bench, note the range hood is trapped by 12" shelf upright and the wall to help channel casting pot vapors to the range hood. The hood with the fan on high even sucks out all smoke during fluxing. There is a 42" long Craftsmen mid box used as a drawer under the bench for sizing dies, micrometers, hardness testers and other miscellaneous stuff used in my casting world. To the right side is a stack of three Craftsmen mid boxes used for molds. They nest well with each other.
I have installed 5 - 20 amp electric circuits so as to not over tax any one circuit. Also led lighting, which is mostly off for the pictures.
C Bench.JPG
R room casting drawer 2.JPG
R room casting vent.JPG
R room venting.JPG
Got to love computers, I put the pic's in right side up, but................ beyond my control. Sorry.

Also thanks Michael for the picture help. I just simply missed the upload attachments tab.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
alphalimafoxtrot
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Lee Loader

Re: New reloading room continued

Post by alphalimafoxtrot »

Thanks for letting us in to see your reloading room, Nighthawk. I am about 100 years away from that level of capability... :lol:
but a man can dream, right?

I bet those roll-out tool drawers are great for organizing all your gear. I like that setup with the long countertop across the multiple tool cabinets - and that you have them all bolted down and solid. Gave me something to consider but in a different/smaller scale, something I could do likewise with some of my old Craftsman tool cabinets I could gang together in a similar fashion. Just shorter length. Good stuff, man!

Be well
Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

Great organization KH! So what you casting and reloading for?
Michael
larryw
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by larryw »

Sweet.
A day late & A dollar short? Story of my life +guns
Knighthawk
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by Knighthawk »

Ranch Dog wrote:Great organization KH! So what you casting and reloading for?
357 mag, revolver and carbine.
44 mag, revolver and carbine.
30-30, 30-40, 30-06, have some 308's but not fond of short necks for casting.
35 rem, Marlin and Remington 141"s, 358 Win, 35 Whelen
45-70, 458 x 2 American, just starting on these.
50 Alaskan. This ones a pain, it's a Browning 71 re-barreled but the Smith did not polish the innards so it did not feed. Then the Browning had light primer strikes and would not light off. Browning has a 8 piece firing pin, go figure. Got that fixed and now it's working good. I think the previous owner diddled with it.
Been working on the 50 and the 35 Remington, 44 mag with a couple of NOE and SSK (J D's 310 sledge hammer) molds by NEI when Walt was alive.
Going to get started on the 30 calibers, various 94's and a lone Marlin 30-30 looks like fun, the Win 1895 in 30 Army I'm going to try a 240 grain Whisper from Al at NOE, looking forward to that. Also have some 200 plus round nose molds made by Walt I want to work up to using in a Springfield re-done by R. G. Sedgley in 30-06. That rifle has the brightest minty bore of any rifle I have. Got to love the long necks on these 3 - 30 caliber cartridges.
I'm just getting started back into casting after about 3 decades of pre-occupation with keeping the wolf from the door. I will have my 100 yard range done after break-up next spring.
Problem with Alaska is it's cold and dark in the winter and in the summer you need to get homestead projects done while it's thawed out and light.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

That is a great collection of firearms! I'm really behind with my shooting. In the spring, I had all kinds of evaluation loads ready, but it got too hot too quick. I'm trying to catch up now before prescribed burn season starts.

It also hunting season as of today. I'm in a tower stand right now with my SMLE scout. I finished the load work up yesterday, late afternoon. Its noon time, but I've see a couple of nice bucks the last couple of days beating the brush for does midday.
Michael
Guinearun

Post by Guinearun »

That’s a nice bench set up KH.

Return to “Show Us Your Bench!”