Lee auto case Primer

All Lee Precision and aftermarket press accessories parts.
farmerjim
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Lee auto case Primer

Post by farmerjim »

This Saturday The wife and I will go to class to renew our concealed carry permit for 5 more years. The wife's hand is not as strong as it was and she can't rack the slide on the S&W EZ 9. So she will have to use the 38 Sp
Double action to pass the shooting test.
I thought I would make up some light loads for her to use. I went down to the barn and got out the Lee auto case primer. It had been stored setup for small primers so I just mounted it on the bench and filled the tray with 100 small pistol primers and threw several hands of pre-prepaired 38 sp brass.
The first several cases were primed with no problems. Then every other primer was feeding sideways. After checking everything I found the spring on the primer chute was missing. What happened? where did it go? I had a spare spring so I took the primer chute off loosing about 25 (solid gold primers) to the cracks and crevices of my reloading room. It was difficult to get the chute back on and properly adjusted, but It finally worked and I finished priming the cases after adding more primers to the tray.
But here are the questions.
How did the spring come off?
Where did it go?
When is it going to happen again?
Anybody else have this happen to them?
I like the Lee APP because I like to prime the cases before loading and with the shell feeder on the APP it goes lightning fast.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Re: Lee auto case Primer

Post by GasGuzzler »

I never bought the primer parts for the APP. I used mine for what I bought it for and may never use it again.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
farmerjim
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Lee auto case Primer

Post by farmerjim »

When it is working correctly, It works great. When it doesn't it is frustrating.

Return to “Press Accessories & Parts”