Lee Value Turret Press spent primer Plug??

All Lee Precision and aftermarket press accessories parts.
sonic306090
My Press Choice: Turret

Lee Value Turret Press spent primer Plug??

Post by sonic306090 »

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a solution for Spent Primers falling out of the gap in the ram (Pole That goes up and down when moving the handle) Once ina while a primer will drop out of it. I see that someone is selling one for the classic Turret press, but the Gap looks like a different shape on my Value Turret press. Any Ideas? Anyone Selling a 3d Printed Part?

Thank you for any Help!
Thank you for any advice!
Mark 9mm
sonic306090

Re: Lee Value Turret Press spent primer Plug??

Post by sonic306090 »

You know, That opening in the pipe that pushes up the bullet into the Die, It has that cut out for the
Primer mechanism. Do I just leave that mechanism in there when decapping or is there some way to plug it up? Specifically for the Value Turret press. Thank you for any help!
Mark 9mm
horseman
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by horseman »

sonic306090 wrote:You know, That opening in the pipe that pushes up the bullet into the Die, It has that cut out for the
Primer mechanism. Do I just leave that mechanism in there when decapping or is there some way to plug it up? Specifically for the Value Turret press. Thank you for any help!

I'm sure Lee designed the value turret the same as the Classic so, yes, the design is for the primer arm to remain in the ram. The thinking (WAG) is that "most" hand loaders would deprime, size and reprime at the same time so the priming arm would remain in place while loading. It's been awhile since I had one of the Lee turret presses so purely running on memory here, and that is known to be faulty by those who know me.
sonic306090

Post by sonic306090 »

That makes sense, I'll give that a try, I usually give the cases a quick wash after shooting and then deprime (without that Priming arm in there so it's an open gap) and then wash again, let dry for a few weeks and reload.
Mark 9mm

Return to “Press Accessories & Parts”