AD vs DPPM

Large rifle case volumetric powder charging using the time tested Perfect Powder Measure and the new Classic Powder Measure.
Shooter74
My Press Choice: Turret

AD vs DPPM

Post by Shooter74 »

What is the difference in the drums of the AD and the DPPM? From what I see, nothing, if so, does the DPPM have the same issues as the AD, and is it possible to use the DPPM as a case activated measure?
farmerjim
Supporter
Supporter

Re: AD vs DPPM

Post by farmerjim »

I like the auto drum better. Both will leak some with the spherical powders.
Lapping the AD will help.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

I think AD= Auto Drum vs. Disk here, but I'm not having problems with my synthetic drums leaking with any powder. I have done anything to them other than wash them in a Dawn solution and let them air dry. I do you the Titan Wrench to tighten them. Never could get them consistently tight before the tool, leading to a bit of lost powder.

The Deluxe Measure has a brass drum, but the synthetic drums work just as well as long as you use the wrench to tighten them. That's part of my setup for the Auto Drum, get the powder adjustment set with the DPPM before moving the drum to the ADrum.
Michael
sonic306090

Post by sonic306090 »

the Titan Wrench is a must to have with the Auto Drum. Mine works great and is very accurate. I also bought the Titan Baffle and I think it helps with getting accurate loads. Titan reloading is my go-to shop, They deliver so quickly. Optics Planet is the worst!
Thank you for any advice!
Mark 9mm

Return to “Bench/Stand Mounted Powder Measures”