Delux Perfect Powder Measure

Large rifle case volumetric powder charging using the time tested Perfect Powder Measure and the new Classic Powder Measure.
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Delux Perfect Powder Measure

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Just added one of these to the line up and except for a couple of small nits to pick, I gotta say I like it, Delux is right.
Nit One: I wish the hopper lid fit just a bit tighter.
Nit Two: I'd like to see the hopper somehow lock into the main casting. Probably just me.

I used it to work up some test ladders for the 45 Colt using H110 and H4227 with the Hornady 300 grain XTP HP. It worked great. Look up the density for the powder, do a little math for the starting load and then count flats as I worked up the ladders. Of the loads I checked 2 were a smidge under and none over.

Going to work up some 223 stuff next. Do wish it was possible to order the drum individually instead of in sets.

Make smoke,
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: Delux Perfect Powder Measure

Post by GasGuzzler »

Ohio3Wheels wrote:I wish the hopper lid fit just a bit tighter.
I've owned four Lee measures and the lid was uselessly loose on them all. A couple rounds of masking tape takes up the slack.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

What he said, I like the yellow offset!

Michael
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by daboone »

The very BEST feature of the Deluxe (Classic) PPM is its extraordinary precise VDM micrometer. Once the VDM is determined you just dial it in on the click adjustable metering chamber and BINGO! Thus my Classic is the best, fastest, easiest to setup and use of the 11 powder different measures I own.
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

Well...Lookie what I found today in Lewisville for $10. Guy threw in the 7.62XRooskie trimmer and funnel too. Does anyone need the trimmer or funnel? I got an M4 MOE 30-rounder for $10 too. PAY DIRT!

I don't need it. I got it 'cause y'all said to buy one. It was cheap. He gave me extra stuff that I don't need. What was I supposed to do? +guns

__________________________________________________________________________________________
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by daboone »

Keep the extra funnel you'll find it handy. As for the loose lid(s) mentioned above I lay a drier sheet over the top of the hopper and use the lid to hold it In place, in return it keeps the lid snuggly in place.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
larryw
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter

Post by larryw »

Yes Sir,,,Nice score GG.
A day late & A dollar short? Story of my life +guns
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

Yep, good find! I use a wrap of masking tape around the top edge of the hopper. The lid will stay on.
Michael
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

I've owned four Auto Disks, an Auto Drum, and now this so...I have a roll of tape next to the bench. I also have several funnels but I've never paid for one. Finally, I have no 7.62X54R.
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by daboone »

GasGuzzler wrote:I've owned four Auto Disks, an Auto Drum, and now this so...I have a roll of tape next to the bench. I also have several funnels but I've never paid for one. Finally, I have no 7.62X54R.
Yep with friends like LarryW and another named John as well as some of you guys it seems lots of stuff on bench wasn't paid for either. I know I have 2 Lee and 3 larger funnels in my fine and private wonderland.

GG why don't you have a Mosin Nagant? That amount to a cardinal sin. I know you were around what they were $89 with a oiler and screwdriver in a little bag. Everyone need a shoulder buster. :roll:

Return to “Bench/Stand Mounted Powder Measures”