AD with CFE Pistol

Auto Disk, Pro Auto Disk, and Auto Drum Powder Measures along with their associated charge bar, disks, and drums.
SWBuckeye
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: AD with CFE Pistol

Post by SWBuckeye »

Mine did the same thing when I first got it. With 9mm it would not rotate to full dump. I made a spacer for it to get full rotation. When I get a chance, hopefully in the next couple of days,I will dissamble it and take pics and measurements for you.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/RvKTsptPJu71w8qS8

Spacer is .440" dia. by .150" thick inside dia. is same as the tube from the AD. It slides inside the expander and floats freely in the bore. AD extention tube holds it in place. Hope this helps.

SWBuckeye
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

I had problems with mine and how to set it up for full rotation without crushing cases on the LCT way back when I first got it. With time I will find the link to my topic in the event it helps your set up.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
killian6pk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by killian6pk »

SWBuckeye wrote:Mine did the same thing when I first got it. With 9mm it would not rotate to full dump. I made a spacer for it to get full rotation. When I get a chance, hopefully in the next couple of days,I will dissamble it and take pics and measurements for you.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/RvKTsptPJu71w8qS8

Spacer is .440" dia. by .150" thick inside dia. is same as the tube from the AD. It slides inside the expander and floats freely in the bore. AD extention tube holds it in place. Hope this helps.

SWBuckeye
Thanks for the idea. I don't believe I would ever have thought of that. Now I see it makes sense. I think I have my problem figured out. I had to screw the powder thru die all the way in. The top of the lock ring is actually above the last thread on the die. I hesitated to do that because I had the flare just like I wanted it on the case and did not want to over flare the case. But that turned out not to be a problem. The flare is just fine even with the die screwed in that much. Now the AD makes full rotation.
Last edited by killian6pk on 06 Jan 2021 16:57, edited 1 time in total.
killian6pk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by killian6pk »

GasGuzzler wrote:I had problems with mine and how to set it up for full rotation without crushing cases on the LCT way back when I first got it. With time I will find the link to my topic in the event it helps your set up.
Thanks see my reply above. I think I got it fixed. Now on to other problems.
SWBuckeye

Post by SWBuckeye »

Glad to hear you got it to work properly. Now you will see just how consistent the AD is.

SWBuckeye
Patriot007

Post by Patriot007 »

Sorry for replying to an old thread but when I seen this I had to add my 2cts. Ditch the chain. I hate to tell you to ditch the safety chain but on my LoadMaster it caused a big problem with powder leakage and almost a 1gn High/low charge. I load 45acp with 4.9gn of WST with an X-tream 200gn RN FMJ bullet. They clock 830fps to 875fps per my LabRadar. With out the chain there is no powder leakage and the powder drop spread is .06gn.
I have checked this quite a few times on my Sartorius Scale. Just Me.

Return to “Automatic Powder Measures”