Auto Disk or Auto Drum w/ RCBS Rock Chucker

Auto Disk, Pro Auto Disk, and Auto Drum Powder Measures along with their associated charge bar, disks, and drums.
sparkyv
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: Auto Disk or Auto Drum w/ RCBS Rock Chucker

Post by sparkyv »

Ranch Dog wrote:I quickly overcame my objection to the Auto Drum and now have six of them. I bought the first as soon as they were introduced. I do use the "Auto" part of the device, one on a Classic Turret, one on an Automator (a weird little Pro1000), and four on Load-Masters. I cannot speak with any experience with it stand-mounted or using it on a single-stage. I'm willing to bet I've cycled as many rounds as anybody through these things, and I've not had any problems with them that weren't user induced to include what lead to my initial disklike of them. I have not had anything fail or nor have I wore anything out. Besides, Lee has free replacement parts..
The auto drum is slick. So no leakage issues, Ranch Dog?
μολὼν λαβέ
NRA Life Member
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

sparkyv wrote:The auto drum is slick. So no leakage issues, Ranch Dog?
Nope. I'm using it with a very wide range of powder types.

I don't know if I mentioned it earlier in this topic, but I have an Auto Drum Finger Wrench from Titan. This tool gave me a better grip on the knob and I'm able to deliver a more consistent pressure on a drum change.
Michael
sparkyv
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by sparkyv »

I made my own wrench, but that didn't solve leakage from fine powders such as H110 and #9. Still trying to solve this one.
μολὼν λαβέ
NRA Life Member

Return to “Automatic Powder Measures”