powder VMD

Auto Disk, Pro Auto Disk, and Auto Drum Powder Measures along with their associated charge bar, disks, and drums.
horseman
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: powder VMD

Post by horseman »

Powder density, VMD math, volume vs weight, the part to remember is what was previously said. 10 grains weighed is 10 grains no matter how you "drop" it or the VMD number of the powder. More dense, less dense, 10 grains weighed is 10 grains. 20 grains is 20 grains no matter how much "room" it takes up. I can't think of any powder measure (other than electronic maybe) that DOESN'T drop powder by volume. Then you weigh it. VMD doesn't matter if you're weighing what your measure drops. There, I think I've said it enough times. :D Thanks again RD for bringing me outa' the weeds with that one simple statement.
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

and you are correct dispensers operate on weight. Usually the pan sits on a load cell and the electronics do the rest.

Stay well, be safe, make smoke,
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns
Bagarocks
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by Bagarocks »

Calibrate your powder.
To find the exact volume of a single grain of powder, set your powder measure to any setting, preferably a whole number such as 4.00 or 5.00.
Weigh a sample. Divide the micrometer setting by this weight to find volume of a single grain of powder your testing.
Averaging several samples in increases accuracy.
Micrometer setting
_________________________= setting for one grain (cc)(vmd)
Grains weight of sample

Return to “Automatic Powder Measures”