How Far Do You Go?

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Macd
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: How Far Do You Go?

Post by Macd »

De-prime/size, clean in a soap and citric acid solution, inspect and put away. Only exception is if I anneal after inspection. Citric acid passivates brass making it store longer without tarnishing.
Tim Stapp
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Tim Stapp »

In my old days when shooting High Power Rifle competition, I'd tumble, then lube, size/deprime, tumble to remove lube and inspect/trim (Rifle brass). When it came time to load: Single stage press; Prime, Charge (powder dispenser (only 600 yard stuff got thrown, trickled and weighed. Later, just thrown powder charged), Place bullet, seat then crimp. Batched loaded.

Plinking handgun loads were done on the Loadmaster. Tumbled and into the que they go. The LM took care of the rest. 500 rounds or more a week to feed the son's and grandsons' habit. That was thirty years ago!!! My, how time flies!!!
walterlaich
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by walterlaich »

I'll deprime mine in a depriming die only

then off to a wet tumble with SS chips (find they work better than pins)

dry in Texas Sun and then store the clean, deprimed brass till I need to reload for Cowboy shooting
RVN/Cambodia War Games: 2nd Place
Dancing Bear
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by Dancing Bear »

I deprime with a universal depriming die then wet tumble, dry and bag. I used to size ( and sometimes flair) before storing. But now I save these steps for when I actually reload on the turret press.
mikld
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by mikld »

Inspect. Dry tumble. Deprime/size. Flare. Prime. Store. Works great for my "batch loading" and seems to be faster (but in reality it ain't). And I'm doin' reloadin' stuff in my shop, which is good as I don't weigh/charge any powder, which I'm very attentive/careful doing. Whenever I decide on a powder/bullet load I can easily and quickly reload a bunch. I have many bags of primed and ready brass for most all my reloading calibers.
Bill Moore
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Bill Moore »

Most of my loading is handgun, and mostly 9mm since arthritis has ruined my grip. My daughter, and her daughter often shoot with us, so lots of 9mm. Years ago I started having problems with range brass in my Bar-Sto and Wilson barrels, so I started running the 357Sig, 40, 45, and 10mm through a size die after tumbling. Not possible with 9's, but a friend who loads commercially has a roll sizer, I go visit him, and run a couple gallons of brass through his machine when I get low.
John Henry
My Press Choice: Lee Loader

Post by John Henry »

I don’t normally pre-prime my cases. But I do have about s dozen and a half nickel 7mm-08 cases primed and ready to be built.

Return to “Topic Bucket”