operational changes

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
horseman
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: operational changes

Post by horseman »

That made me laugh out loud Larry. Just goes to show you shouldn't mess with an X navy seal, even if he is old and probably wearing his "leisure" pants.....LOL...........I have the mental picture....LMAO.....
larryw
Founding Member & Supporter

Post by larryw »

horseman wrote:That made me laugh out loud Larry. even if he is old and probably wearing his "leisure" pants
Na... That time was Hi-Viz, Orange basketball shorts???
A day late & A dollar short? Story of my life +guns
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

I've had many primers going into this, and with the dramatic decrease in my shooting, I realized that I would never shoot them up. I've sold some to fund other projects here at the house and have sold some to close friends to ensure they don't run out (at what I paid for them). Same with powders and firearms.
Michael
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

Ranch Dog wrote:I've had many primers going into this, and with the dramatic decrease in my shooting, I realized that I would never shoot them up. I've sold some to fund other projects here at the house and have sold some to close friends to ensure they don't run out (at what I paid for them). Same with powders and firearms.
You're obviously a good friend to have RD.
AlaskanGuy
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by AlaskanGuy »

well, for me its kinda a requirement. so mine aint going nowhere till I cant hunt no more.
Any technology, not understood, can seem like magic....
JustJim
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by JustJim »

Aw geez, you go getting all organized and and management is going to realize how much STUFF you have! That can get hard to explain, especially if you're hoarding stockpiling "tucking away" components for a planned acquisition (or worse yet, one you have but the Boss doesn't know about yet). "Just in case" is not just a philosophy but a way of life, but it can be hard to explain.

Good luck!
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

My wife stopped asking about firearm purchases when I started buying ammo, components, and reloading equipment. She stopped asking about those purchases when I picked up golf. Now I need an even more heinous hobby so I can get a new set of irons.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

All my equipment has been packed up in lockable "totes", the kind you buy at Home Depot. I had to have help moving a couple of them, most of that stuff is heavy. Not yet sure how I'm going to secure and store a gun safe size container of loaded ammo yet. Guns are all packed and secured in gun totes and locked in a safe, except for 4 I'll keep "on hand" with ammo for each. Actually I'm thinking of buying another smaller gun safe for that purpose. This "hobby" is still costing me money :lol: . Finished the sheet rock repairs needed in the room and ready to paint. Will have another bedroom in the house now so when Larryw comes to visit he won't have to sleep in the RV. Just kidding Larry............. :D you'll still have to sleep in the RV... :lol: Life was a lot simpler back when I had a rifle (06') a shotgun, two handguns and a couple boxes of ammo for each. Ahh well. Told the missus, when I die sell it all for a thou and you'll both walk away smiling....
larryw

Post by larryw »

horseman wrote:Will have another bedroom in the house now so when Larryw comes to visit he won't have to sleep in the RV. Just kidding Larry............. :D you'll still have to sleep in the RV...
+zzz +corn

You know, it's funny?? Some of you remember, A hand full of years ago, I was forced to back away from the bench due to a medical condition, sold & gave away most everything.. It was really hard, I hated it.
An old friend of mine wouldn't let me forget it or give up on it so, we set out to find a work around??
We did, & it works. Got everything back & then some, thanks to Horseman & Dan & some really good deals
I happened upon.
Now, with all the BS going on, shortages, closures of shooting areas in the desert due to fire restrictions.
Covid, & politicians, I'm like Horseman, got a truck load of ammo loaded already & nothing to do with it??
I do load a box of ??? every once in awhile just for something to do but, at this point, the desire is almost
all gone. Like the old saying, " My get up & go done got up & went" ??
I'm not.packing it in yet, we'll see what the near future brings..
A day late & A dollar short? Story of my life +guns
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

Okay folks I've discovered another dilemma, I need another room to store the stuff I want to store away to get the stuff out of the room in the first place. :? . The only difference that makes is it's all in totes now instead of out where it could be used. :( . Build a storage room in the shop ???? This is getting absurd. All the benches are gone, gave them to my neighbor (maybe he wants to build a reloading room :D ) and the room will be refreshed, repainted and floor redone. So maybe I accomplished something (?)

Return to “Topic Bucket”