Reloading supplies

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
horseman
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Reloading supplies

Post by horseman »

Was searching about, actually just looking for curiosity sake, for some 45acp bullets and after the third or fourth page on Google search of "out of stock" ran onto some Hornady 230gr XTP at Optic Planet. A bit more than before at 31.29 per hundred (think I paid 25-26 per before chaos) but cheap at today's market value from what I've seen, especially for what I call a "premium" bullet. One thing I've learned with ordering stuff from Optic Planet, you always want to look at the small print for the shipping availability as on occasion it may be several weeks or longer. These are "supposed" to ship 3-5 days which means they may actually have them "in stock". I ordered three boxes (there was no limit stated) as I didn't want to be a "pig" about it and to leave some for others. Uncommon these days from what I've experienced. So I find some good bullets, but no brass, at least not what I'm lookin for. New 45acp+P. I actually have maybe a hundred or so new Starline +P and around the same for 45 Super brass but most all my regular 45 brass is full, sans maybe a hundred-ish once fired but prepped, nickel plated and some small primer stuff. All in all a good day.
sonic306090
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: Reloading supplies

Post by sonic306090 »

Beware of Optics Planet, I cancelled my order after 3 weeks of waiting for an "in Stock" order
I went to Titan reloading and received something better within 2 days. I would keep checking the status of your order, Mine kept saying "in Progress" for all the 3 weeks, even with a lot of calls & chats with them.
It became a joke.
Thank you for any advice!
Mark 9mm
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

I agree with your assessment as I've had a couple long term agreements with them as well. However, I just received an e-mail from them that the items have shipped. :shock: Ordered yesterday, shipped today, I've never had that kind of service from them before, albeit I've only purchased a few items from them in the past, but I am surprised.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

I got a back in stock notification from Grafs for PPU's 9mm Luger 147 grain JHP bullets, so I bought 500. I like them as much as my 135-grain cast bullet.

https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/pr ... ctId/29129
Michael
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

Ranch Dog wrote:I got a back in stock notification from Grafs for PPU's 9mm Luger 147 grain JHP bullets, so I bought 500. I like them as much as my 135-grain cast bullet.

https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/pr ... ctId/29129

Amazing, 9mm bullets actually exist...and at a very good price.. +guns .Good going RD. +guns Now if some primers would just show up we'd be set.
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by RBHarter »

Needed a tool to neck size for a fat 6.5 .....

I went to Graff and sons for a die I could adjust to and decided on a quick trim for 6.5 CM ....

They have had a huge inventory expansion since I prowled there last , 10 years ago ? . Anyway I was able to get the die in stock and I've put off playing with the 410s for a number of years since a daleance with 45 Colts shot shells had and lost my interest . I needed a few bucks more for free shipping so I got those wads which predictably came up 35¢ short so I was forced to buy a bag of 16 ga wads also .

"Shipping is at all time high demands and may take 14-16 days to fill orders ...." 8 days to the box delivered as the billing cleared the bank to an hour or so .

I can't be to upset about that .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Grafs is my first choice as they offer the PPU product line.
Michael
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

Ranch Dog wrote:Grafs is my first choice as they offer the PPU product line.
Plus some rather nice shipping rules compared to others. I like the PPU .310" for 7.62X39mm.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

GasGuzzler wrote:
Ranch Dog wrote:Grafs is my first choice as they offer the PPU product line.
Plus some rather nice shipping rules compared to others. I like the PPU .310" for 7.62X39mm.
Yep, for my Mini-30, I've switched from Speer #2213 to the PPU B175; both are 123-grain spire pointed soft points. The Speer bullet has been hit or miss for a decade.
Michael

Return to “Topic Bucket”