Reload it all

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Reload it all

Post by Ranch Dog »

mikld wrote:Adding a scary thought I had a few months ago; what will my wife do with all my guns and junk if I kick off
That has always been my primary thought mikld. The COVID hospital stay hammered it home. Ranch and the reloading gear and components take a lot of time to get rid of. Airplane and firearms go quick.

I'm probably going to end up with the Classic Turret and APP. Kind of depends on what the next round of gun selling is.
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

horseman wrote:... I'm going to keep the C0-AX, Lee Classic Cast and my Ponsness Warren 375C that's set up for 12 and 20 gauge.
The Du-O-Matic is a nice press! That is part of the problem in some of this. I like having these tools, if nothing less, to ponder their use!

I want to continue building my experience with the LoadFast and the LoadAll. I'm moving far enough east to put me into some dove hunting, I will need to find a place to hunt, but that could fuel my shotshell use. Over the sixteen years on the ranch, there weren't any doves in my area, and the only shotgun use I had was for hogs. In fact, the only scattergun I have left is the New Haven 600 (Mossberg 500) that my dad gave me in 1971. I've not been interested in skeet or trap.
horseman wrote:...I don't even have a 45-70 anymore, haven't for several years, but I still have the dies.
I've got this Navy Arms Scout that would make a good elk rifle in your neck of the woods.

Michael
SWBuckeye

Post by SWBuckeye »

Up until Covid hit I was shooting 100 -200 rounds a week, as a stress relief, and reloading a 1000 a month. Since primers are WAY over priced I have not been shooting at all but still making ammo so the stock pile has grown (my wife thinks I'm getting ready for war :) ). I am down to my last 4000 primers and have 2000 RMR 124gr HP coming. Once those are loaded I am planning to only process brass to sale or trade.

With the passing of my mother and Father-in law this past year and retirement staring me in the face, I too have been pondering what to do. I enjoy the challenge to make things right and learning how to modify it to achieve better results. For me, I will continue as long as I can unless the cost ( :S or government ) shut me down.

SWBuckeye
horseman
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by horseman »

Ranch Dog wrote:
horseman wrote:...I don't even have a 45-70 anymore, haven't for several years, but I still have the dies.
I've got this Navy Arms Scout that would make a good elk rifle in your neck of the woods.

You're certainly being a lot of help........ :lol:

Loaded 300 rounds of 230gr FMJ for 45acp yesterday, have 3-400 of those yet to do then on to the 600 XTP's both 185 and 230 gr. (I have plenty of lpp) Then I will be done with the 45. A couple hundred 147gr XTP in 9mm and about 1,000 124gr plated and done with that as well. I just looked and I have 1300 spp's so I'll be good. 1400 srp should get me just about through all the 223 projectiles I have left and that's just the amount of those I have. This is not a marathon undertaking, but probably a couple weeks should take care of it. ( I'm still remodeling the kitchen so..) I'm loading all the pistol on the Loadmaster, not sure about the 223-556 yet. Maybe on the Pro 2000 ...:?: Once I'm done with this I'll start going through my things and packing stuff I'll keep and selling off what I'm not. At least 5 presses will be going along with a lot of "peripheral" items. I really don't mind selling things but I just HATE packing and shipping it. If I was 20 years younger I probably wouldn't be doing this but I'm getting along in years and like a few of you out there do not want to "overwhelm" the wife IF something were to happen to me. She'd have no clue and would probably sell all of it to the first person that would be willing to just haul it all away..... That just gives me the "shivers"..... :D I envision an end result of a small bench with the CO-AX sitting on a "convertible" mount that will also work for the Lee CC and PW.... eventually.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Wrong forum...
Michael
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

I'm guessing that's 1760 out of a rifle...

In a hand cannon that would be borderline brutal. I realize you aren't a revolver kind of guy.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.

Return to “Topic Bucket”