New Homestead

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
AlaskanGuy
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: New Homestead

Post by AlaskanGuy »

I have a golf club I use for Konking salmon over the head... i believe its a cut down 5 iron!!!!
Any technology, not understood, can seem like magic....
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

Starting new thread tonight.

Not golf, home food plotting.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
jwfilips
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by jwfilips »

Beautiful Place, Ranch Dog....Wish you many years of enjoyment!
" Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation:
for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - G. Washington,
56th Rule
Jeff H
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Jeff H »

Looks like a beautiful place, Michael! Congratulations.

I'll share, regarding the paring down of reloading room stuff, that while I never had a whole room for the stuff, I had plenty of "room" to slim it down. Yet, as I really pared down over the past ten years, it's really liberating. I only load for a few cartridges now and I keep the minimum of equipment with which to do it. Just enough to do it without the hassles of managing the logistics of more than can be done while still enjoying it.

Its truly no loss."

Beautiful place! I know I said it already, but...
klr
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by klr »

Congrats on embarking on a new chapter in your life, RD. Be careful with that garden, you can become a slave to it just like a farm. :shock:

Since you have a garden - now you need some honey bees for pollination. ;)

I've been feeling the urge to downsize and simplify too and have begun to start selling some stuff. But with shipping and difficult buyers it's a huge pita to get rid of stuff.

I'd always wondered how you could keep up with farming and shooting all those hogs in the middle of the night. Good luck with the new life. :t
Dan 444

Post by Dan 444 »

Congratulations, Michael! The place looks great.

I know the feeling....a lot of work to keep a big spread going. Like you, I got out two years ago and moved to a smaller place, still remote, and still in the Adirondack Mountains. I can still do my fishing, shooting and hunting within a 10 minute walk. I just turned 69 years old.

I'm going to start thinning my Marlin inventory this year; however, the triple 4s will remain forever. :D :D

Best Wishes,
Dan
Myg30
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Myg30 »

Beautiful place there Michael. Congrats on the move.
I also just retired and moved. Found lots of old treasures that went to the scrap yard or dump. Been hoarding past 15 yrs in a 30x50 pole barn and now divided all my other treasures between 2 car garage and 8x10 shed !
No fun here at all.
The wife wants to start a green house so we will see where this goes.

Wish you all the best, enjoy, be safe n stay healthy.

Mike
Dan 444

Post by Dan 444 »

Ranch Dog wrote:Part of the problem is that I have multiples of things. I remember buying four bench plates a couple of years ago. I thought briefly that I had already planned and had them but could not find them. Well, I found them.

I'm probably only keeping my 30 Carbine, Rem 600 (35 Rem), Savage 10FCM Scouts (308 Win & 7.62x39), Savage 99s (300 Savage & 308 Win), and the Winchester M94 Timber Scouts (30-30 Win, 35-30, and 44 Mag). The M94s will be the last to go. Not sure about pistols; I have a bunch of them as well. It depends on how much I'm shooting. The last two standing will be my CZ82 (9mm Makarov) and Taurus 745.

The move is heating up. Everything is settled, and at 10 on Friday, I will no longer be a resident of DeWitt County. I don't have a problem with that. I spent yesterday at the new place; I'm looking forward to it. A lot less work, I do want to learn something about growing people food; my whole expertise in making things pop out of the earth is related to deer food. I'm good at that but know nothing of the other.
What, no 444? :shock: :shock: How can this be? Tell me that it ain't so.

Dan
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

Dan 444 wrote:
Ranch Dog wrote:Part of the problem is that I have multiples of things. I remember buying four bench plates a couple of years ago. I thought briefly that I had already planned and had them but could not find them. Well, I found them.

I'm probably only keeping my 30 Carbine, Rem 600 (35 Rem), Savage 10FCM Scouts (308 Win & 7.62x39), Savage 99s (300 Savage & 308 Win), and the Winchester M94 Timber Scouts (30-30 Win, 35-30, and 44 Mag). The M94s will be the last to go. Not sure about pistols; I have a bunch of them as well. It depends on how much I'm shooting. The last two standing will be my CZ82 (9mm Makarov) and Taurus 745.

The move is heating up. Everything is settled, and at 10 on Friday, I will no longer be a resident of DeWitt County. I don't have a problem with that. I spent yesterday at the new place; I'm looking forward to it. A lot less work, I do want to learn something about growing people food; my whole expertise in making things pop out of the earth is related to deer food. I'm good at that but know nothing of the other.
What, no 444? :shock: :shock: How can this be? Tell me that it ain't so.

Dan
I had to stop shooting heavy recoil rifles; I've got/had a detaching retina. The doc asked me if I was into contact sports like boxing or various forms of fighting. I asked her about heavy recoil firearms, and she said, "that would do it." So I called it quit about two years ago. The retina damage has scarred over. I know Mr. Lee had this problem, and that is what brought on my question. That damage came despite wearing a closed-cell life vest or using a Lead Sled. I was shooting a lot.

My 444T is safe and but it has come down to all the M94s staying; my dad's 94 that I turned into a 35-30 Scout and the two Timber Carbines. All three outstanding rifles.
Michael
Dale53

Post by Dale53 »

Ranch Dog;
Beautiful post and I LOVE your new place! Reading and viewing this made my morning!

Dale53

Return to “Topic Bucket”