wow, no reloading components

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
reloader762
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: wow, no reloading components

Post by reloader762 »

I have a local shop that only sell reloading supplies and some ammo when they can get it. They have plenty of shotgun reloading supplies, quite a good selection of powders which can be hit an miss on some varaties but they always have something you can use if your go-to powders isn't in stock.

Primers are hit an miss, last week all they had was LP, will go by there this week and pick up another K and just shoot more 45 ACP for a while and sit on my SP primer for a bit. I'm not hurting on SP primers but I'm not going to shoot up what I have until I can replace them. If you're into jacketed bullet they have plenty of those from all the major mfg. in about any caliber / weight you could want. I cast all my own rifle and pistol bullets so I don't have much need for those.

I would like to get another couple lbs. of H-4198 and another 2K of SP primers and I'd feel comfortable for a long time to come. Prices there are fine, Brandon and his wife who are both veterans have only raised powder and primer prices by a few buck per unit since the first of the years.
The Reloaders Network discord Channel
https://discord.gg/Nafuzht
scott511
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: wow, no reloading components

Post by scott511 »

A couple of years ago a new indoor range opened up a few miles down the road from me. Everyone was so excited. The owner was a fellow member of another forum I frequent, and he would regularly give updates on the construction of the new range. Of course people started asking questions about memberships and other things. The issue came up about shooting reloads and picking brass up. He said due to insurance, no reloads could be brought onto the property, and NO brass could be picked up. ALL fired brass had to stay on the property. I was not interested after that.
By the way, the initial membership fee was $2000 for the first year. Yes, I said 2k. As a member, you could only go 3 times per week, and you had to schedule your time slots of 1 hour each one month in advance. I was REALLY not interested after that. I've been in the shop a few times just to see what they had; they had a whole wall full of once fired brass for sale. That was a couple of years ago. Haven't been back since.

Return to “Topic Bucket”