Online Ordering

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
horseman
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Online Ordering

Post by horseman »

Well here's a new one on me. Ordered a Caldwell G2 chronograph from Wal-Mart. Why, cause it was 10 dollars cheaper than anywhere else that had them in stock, with free shipping. The next day I get an e-mail saying item has shipped and will arrive on 6/16 along with the tracking number. So, I follow along and see the progress of the item and it still shows 6/16 arrival by end of day. Well things get interesting here, on 6/14 I receive a USPS first class envelope with a "standard" UPS note inside saying "so sorry, covid 19, health of our employees, and at this time your order has become temporary back-order but we'll get it to you as soon as possible, or you may ask for a refund yadda yadda, Lagunaproductscustomerservice@gmail.com. Guess what, the letter has the exact same tracking number as the Chorograph I ordered has. So now I go and check the tracking number (same) for the Caldwell Chronograph, yep, you guessed it. Chronograph shows delivered....on the 14th. Yes, I've emailed even talked to someone from somewhere that sounded a bit "foreign" as in I couldn't understand much of the conversation. Bottom line now is, no more responses from Wal-Mart help center and yes I did request a refund last week, still no sign of that either. Last dollar I'll ever spend at a Wal-Mart store even if I run out of toilet paper. Pretty slick scam if I say so myself. I have a 50 cent note that only cost me 192.00.......free shipping though
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Online Ordering

Post by Ranch Dog »

Yeah, you have to be careful ordering from Wal-Mart now, making sure that you check the box on the left menu, the last choice "Retailer"> "Wal-Mart." Usually, everything goes away. In the case of the G2, I just ran the search, and the only retailer on Wal-Mart selling them is "Willey Goodprice." Now, please tell me you did not buy from Willey to save $10?
:shock:

I do most of my buying from eBay as that outfit rides a better heard on their sellers. I look at Amazon (prime member) but still see better deals on eBay. eBay, like Amazon, doesn't mess around on refunds either. I don't think you can return Willey's product to your local Wal-Mart store if you want to, even though you bought it through their website. On eBay, the G2 is $215 shipped.

Call your credit card company and cancel the charge.
Michael
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

Ranch Dog wrote:Yeah, you have to be careful ordering from Wal-Mart now, making sure that you check the box on the left menu, the last choice "Retailer"> "Wal-Mart." Usually, everything goes away. In the case of the G2, I just ran the search, and the only retailer on Wal-Mart selling them is "Willey Goodprice." Now, please tell me you did not buy from Willey to save $10?
:shock:

I do most of my buying from eBay as that outfit rides a better heard on their sellers. I look at Amazon (prime member) but still see better deals on eBay. eBay, like Amazon, doesn't mess around on refunds either. I don't think you can return Willey's product to your local Wal-Mart store if you want to, even though you bought it through their website. On eBay, the G2 is $215 shipped.

Call your credit card company and cancel the charge.
"Willey Goodprice", :lol: you have to be kidding me...actually I don't know WHO the vendor is, the "note" I received says Laguna Products.

An update: Had a typing "chat" with someone at Wal Mart help center (an oxymoron) and he admitted although the item showed delivered, he knew I had not received the package from information received from "somewhere" hopefully other than me. He said they would send a "replacement" or a refund. Told either would be acceptable to me but it wasn't a replacement as I didn't get one in the first place. And, if they sent a refund I would purchase elsewhere. I should get an e-mail in 48hrs with information on said replacement. Honestly I don't have very high hopes for a good outcome on this. AND, I agree with you on Amazon and or E-bay, they do not tolerate shady practices very well and it's easy to get your money back if you get scammed. I incorrectly though Wal Mart would be a "safe" place to order from but I do always check on Amazon where the item is actually coming from.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

I have had my toils over the last few months too considering how many items I order online. If I use Amazon I have to order all items separately. Otherwise they off-charge and do stupid stuff with back orders and make it impossible to balance my checkbook.

I have an order with Amazon for black printer ink I can get locally and I made the order the first week of March. I have actually bought one locally since the order was made AND USED IT UP already. Still not here. They asked me if I still wanted it. Of course I said yes just to try to make them deliver.

There are some supplies I'd never fathom buying right now or ever but because of the kids' participation in certain activities I have to. They are PPEs for anti-CV19 that come from .... China.

Nice.

I bought a portable piano the other day and it's supposed to be here Thursday.

I'm making an order with Titan right now.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
killian6pk
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by killian6pk »

I ordered a box of screws from Amazon a couple of weeks ago. The next day it says shipped for delivery the following day. That day arrives and the tracking says out for delivery. Well it never shows up. The next day the tracking says the same thing. No show. So I call Amazon and they say they will ship me a new order. Bear in mind I live 25 miles down the interstate from the Amazon warehouse in Lexington Ky. The new order shows up the next day. The old order has still never materialized. We are actually in the twilight zone folks. I never order online with Walmart for home shipment. I always have it sent to the store for pickup. That way I can actually talk to someone locally if there is a problem. That has worked well for me.
horseman wrote:Well here's a new one on me. Ordered a Caldwell G2 chronograph from Wal-Mart. Why, cause it was 10 dollars cheaper than anywhere else that had them in stock, with free shipping. The next day I get an e-mail saying item has shipped and will arrive on 6/16 along with the tracking number. So, I follow along and see the progress of the item and it still shows 6/16 arrival by end of day. Well things get interesting here, on 6/14 I receive a USPS first class envelope with a "standard" UPS note inside saying "so sorry, covid 19, health of our employees, and at this time your order has become temporary back-order but we'll get it to you as soon as possible, or you may ask for a refund yadda yadda, Lagunaproductscustomerservice@gmail.com. Guess what, the letter has the exact same tracking number as the Chorograph I ordered has. So now I go and check the tracking number (same) for the Caldwell Chronograph, yep, you guessed it. Chronograph shows delivered....on the 14th. Yes, I've emailed even talked to someone from somewhere that sounded a bit "foreign" as in I couldn't understand much of the conversation. Bottom line now is, no more responses from Wal-Mart help center and yes I did request a refund last week, still no sign of that either. Last dollar I'll ever spend at a Wal-Mart store even if I run out of toilet paper. Pretty slick scam if I say so myself. I have a 50 cent note that only cost me 192.00.......free shipping though
mikld
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by mikld »

Hmmm. I still have the UPS girl and the FedEx guy stop by. I have pretty much reduced my online buying to well known companies with decent shipping reviews and I would guess the majority of shipping problems is with the vendor and not the delivery services (there is a UPS depot about a mile from my house and a FedEx about 3 miles away. Both have been working all along.).

I haven't purchased anything from Wal-Mart since 1989 (I got in a "discussion" with the store manager of the Wal-Mart in Torrance, CA about a firearm I ordered for pick up at the store. I had to cancel the order and reorder for delivery to a Wal-Mart store in San Pedro, less than 10 miles away).
Last edited by mikld on 27 Jun 2020 14:40, edited 2 times in total.
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

Latest update on order. Wal Mart refunded all the original cost MINUS a $1.30, I assume for the Postage of the letter/note sent. Received 6/24. Thanks Wal-Mart, be shopping there again real soon.... :lol:

Think I'll re-order using "Willey Cheapskate" or whatever that guy's name was.... :D

Return to “Topic Bucket”