Future dinners!!!!

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
AlaskanGuy
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Future dinners!!!!

Post by AlaskanGuy »

Just a couple pics of some future dinners!!!

and another future dinner....

they might go good together.. +guns

AG
Any technology, not understood, can seem like magic....
horseman
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Future dinners!!!!

Post by horseman »

The first looks like some kind of mushroom. I don't eat them so no idea. To me they taste either like dirt or whatever you've cooked them in, usually oil or butter. If I want to taste something like that I'll take a bite of butter and wash it down with corn oil. Nope. :D

The second item on your menu you should probably keep to yourself and not advertise that you kill and eat fawns. Maybe be different up where you live but where I am you wouldn't want folks to know that. Not considered the thing to do, mildly put. It's also illegal here. No offense.
AlaskanGuy

Post by AlaskanGuy »

horseman, not sure if you are being sarcastic or what..

i don't eat fawns...

and the mushrooms are morels, about $375 per pound.

the subject was FUTURE meals.. fawns grow up to be adult deer, and Mushrooms go in the freezer for Future venison meals...

AG
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

I get where you are coming from, but I had to look up what a morel is. I'm with horseman, I wouldn't eat it unless I absolutely had to. I found two fawns this past week, dead from the excessive heat.
Michael
klr
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by klr »

Nice morel haul! My wife and daughter love them and I like to get out in the woods and hunt for them.

I found a fawn last week while checking fence. I didn't touch it, but I view them like the Texas guys do hogs. They are everywhere here and do thousands of dollars of damage to crops, vehicles, and cause an occasional human death when they come through the windshield or collide with a motorcyclist.

Also flushed a turkey off her nest. Startled me. :lol:

horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

AlaskanGuy wrote:horseman, not sure if you are being sarcastic or what..

i don't eat fawns...

and the mushrooms are morels, about $375 per pound.

the subject was FUTURE meals.. fawns grow up to be adult deer, and Mushrooms go in the freezer for Future venison meals...

AG
My apology's to you. I was not being sarcastic at all, I was being honest, as I thought you meant they were for eating now. Future meals to me are what I may or may not get tonight... :lol: At my age I don't look much further ahead than that... :( You know, the green banana thing or not making dinner reservations for next week. :D
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

Ranch Dog wrote:I get where you are coming from, but I had to look up what a morel is. I'm with horseman, I wouldn't eat it unless I absolutely had to. I found two fawns this past week, dead from the excessive heat.

Have three out about the house the last couple days, very newby's, mom only brings them out for a short bit. A doe with twins and a doe with a single. They hide them in the tall grass just below the house. These are pretty much resident deer and I've seen the one doe (has a slight slit in one ear) raise several the last few years.

Excessive heat? What's that. We were at 41 last night, got to a high of 71 for a short bit today, right now it's 8:30pm and it's 53. Perfect.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

I've seen the word morel on other forums. I have never seen a picture of one much less been close enough to one to eat one. No thanks. Yankee stuff LOL.

Last week was pretty mild up here but the week before and this week will be upper 90's. Triple digits are about 2-3 weeks away.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
AlaskanGuy

Post by AlaskanGuy »

its all good Mr. Horseman....

I am pretty surprised that more folks dont know what morels are.. their like truffles, about the most expensive mushroom out there and arguably the best flavor and most sought after. for me, its a very rare variety and are almost never available here due to the high acidity of our soil. they usually only come up after a forest fire, which never happens in our rain forest.... i was uber excited when i happened into them. prolly wont see them again for another decade or longer if I am still alive..

the deer, on the other hand, I will see this fall.
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

AlaskanGuy wrote:its all good Mr. Horseman....

I am pretty surprised that more folks dont know what morels are.. their like truffles, about the most expensive mushroom out there and arguably the best flavor and most sought after. for me, its a very rare variety and are almost never available here due to the high acidity of our soil. they usually only come up after a forest fire, which never happens in our rain forest.... i was uber excited when i happened into them. prolly wont see them again for another decade or longer if I am still alive..

the deer, on the other hand, I will see this fall.
There are LOTS of morels about 60 miles West and North a bit from me. Up in the areas we hunt Elk. Lot of guys I know pick them and sell them to "buyers" that set up in that area. You go up there right now and for the next several weeks and you'll see "pickers" all over (at least their rigs, mostly mini vans). There have been a few "gun fights" over picking areas up in that area also. Gets pretty competitive it seems....you can also find some up behind where I live, just have to go a bit higher in the Mtns. How expensive they are means nothing to me, I wouldn't eat caviar either. :D
Last edited by horseman on 16 Jun 2020 09:01, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Topic Bucket”