larryw ~ flying and guns

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

larryw ~ flying and guns

Post by Ranch Dog »

I thought larryw and others might find this interesting. The military version of the Cessna Skymaster, the O-2, has been used by a lot of countries in various roles. This one in Rhodesian~Zimbabwe is the one I like. Check out the 303 Brownings on top of the cabin! If the brass collects in the pods, it might do so to prevent it from streaming onto the rear engine air duct; I would have liked to scoop it out!

What I'm reading is that two are still in use in anti-poaching roles—speaking of which. I have two lifelong Texas Game Warden friends, both retired. In my earlier years, I would go out with them. It wasn't unusual to have a Game Warden from another State or Country visiting and on patrol. I remember one night a Warden was with us; I'm sure it was Rhodesia. Well, we bagged three or four guys killing deer at night, and he was shocked that they would not be shot in place. That sure brought some :shock: from the perps, and they did not complain about the citations. So yeah, I can see these Skymasters hulling poachers out.
Michael
horseman
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: larryw ~ flying and guns

Post by horseman »

Ranch Dog wrote: What I'm reading is that two are still in use in anti-poaching roles—speaking of which. I have two lifelong Texas Game Warden friends, both retired. In my earlier years, I would go out with them. It wasn't unusual to have a Game Warden from another State or Country visiting and on patrol. I remember one night a Warden was with us; I'm sure it was Rhodesia. Well, we bagged three or four guys killing deer at night, and he was shocked that they would not be shot in place. That sure brought some :shock: from the perps, and they did not complain about the citations. So yeah, I can see these Skymasters hulling poachers out.
I'd want bigger " fired brass catching pods". As to the game warden part, good story. I guess some country's illegal hunting laws are better than others. You guess as to which one I mean.
larryw
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: larryw ~ flying and guns

Post by larryw »

Sometimes I wish I had those machine guns mounted on top of my car.
Thanks RD.
A day late & A dollar short? Story of my life +guns

Return to “Topic Bucket”