Deliveries in a time of plague

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Deliveries in a time of plague

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Not sure how good a sign it is but I got two envelopes today 4/22. One from Titan ordered 4/18 and one from Midway ordered 4/9. Now if my order at MidSouth breaks loose this week I'll be a real happy camper. It's processing (?) and all 3 item show ready to ship. I think they were affected by the tornadoes and were operating on a generator for a while.

Stay ell, be safe, make smoke,
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns
mr surveyor
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Deliveries in a time of plague

Post by mr surveyor »

I ordered 500 cast .357 boolits from "GT" on March 30th then found out they are in Atlanta, GA … the Chinese virus epi-center of the state. I guessed the delay would be several weeks. I got the order in my PO box of April 9th. Happy camper with the delivery time, and even happier with the product. First time ordering from GT and first time even seeing their products. I've loaded 40 rounds (20 of each weight ordered) three times. The first load session results were really impressive, and the second session results were enough to put an exclamation point on the first results. Just loaded the third test batch today, so haven't shot them yet. But, I will probably be ordering at least 1k of their 165 gr LHP boolits soon …. I hope the actual delivery will be the same.

jd
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's just some things best left unsaid on the internetsuperhighway.
klr
250 Shots
250 Shots
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by klr »

Today Midsouth shipped the swage kit I ordered on the 11th.
But it will be a week before Graf's ships the APP press I ordered the same day.
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

klr wrote:Today Midsouth shipped the swage kit I ordered on the 11th.
But it will be a week before Graf's ships the APP press I ordered the same day.
Probably next week on my order at Midsouth mine was in the 15th.

Stay well, Be safe, Make smoke
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

Graf's delay in processing was two weeks but items arrived in two days after they billed me.

Titan is out of stock on everything I wanted.

Midsouth order put in yesterday. Time will tell.

I ordered stuff March 29 and April 4 from Amazon that has not shipped.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
mikld
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter

Post by mikld »

From what I have found on my front porch in the last few weeks, I think it depends on if the vendor has what is ordered in their warehouse. If it's quickly available, is ships in "normal" time. I checked my favorite bullet vendor and there was a notice on their front page saying that expected delivery is 6 weeks out. I have found that some vendors ship almost "when they get around to it" and some ship immediately...
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

Opposite here...at least with Amazon stuff. I have EIGHT Amazon orders from the end of March or first week in April outstanding and all of them had the items in stock. It's just they are using their shipping personnel to send out "essential" items first unless you pay through the nose. That fee isn't for more expensive shipping (only), it's to buy a place closer to the front of the shipping department line.

Graf's, Midsouth, etc. did not charge until shipped...did not ship in stock items for days...but once shipped arrived in 48 hours. This means they have the stuff just too many orders for the number of employees to pull and box. I ordered some stuff 4-22 and more yesterday off eBay and Amazon and all is shipped and will be here today and tomorrow.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.

Return to “Topic Bucket”