Seems to be some panic buying

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Seems to be some panic buying

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Went to my LGS today never seen is so busy. They were trying to keep it down to 30 customers at a time. I needed some more Lil'Gun and they had it but no H4198. A lot of ammo going out the door and a few guns.

Waiting to see if the state ranges open tomorrow. They keep changing to number of people that should be together at the guv'ners office.

Make smoke,
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns
mad trapper
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Lee Loader

Re: Seems to be some panic buying

Post by mad trapper »

I restocked on primers last week, bought from Graf & Sons and midway
CCI primers, standard large and small, checked both sites this morning, sold out.
I got caught off guard the last ammo shortage, wont happen again.
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by RBHarter »

I spent 6 yr of the last 8 laying enough to not have too many worries for the next 6-8 .
There's some inheritance added to it as well .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

Yeah, I'm with RB. I was pretty settled more than a decade ago. Won't ever need to buy anything again. I've watched my entire life. Since I got out of the Army in the mid-seventies, I noticed the reloading shelves take a dip in EVERY election cycle. THIS IS NOT NEW. I started buying at the mid-election cycle twenty years ago, the years in between and never had a problem with it. As time moved on, I did notice that the dips got greater so I ended it and bought enough to last me a lifetime. I still add stuff once in a while, like when I get started on a new cartridge, but with the same consideration.

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
Michael
Macd
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Macd »

I have enough loaded to wait out a year or two never mind the components for the rest of my lifetime. Most people are reasonable but there is only a thin veneer of civil conscience with some.
bayou
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by bayou »

Well, by now, we should all be familiar with the drill:

Current bad news followed by shortages of all things shooting related. Add to the bad news that it's an election year to boot.

Sooo, if anyone gets caught short, he really only has himself to blame.

For my part, I've been using the good times to supply up, and I'm sure many others have been doing so as well.

Good luck to all!

Bayou
bayou
NRA Life Member
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

Macd wrote:I have enough loaded to wait out a year or two never mind the components for the rest of my lifetime. Most people are reasonable but there is only a thin veneer of civil conscience with some.
And mines getting "thinner" every day....recall the movie Shane, Ryker (the villainous character) says to the good guy, "you WANT to be reasonable don't you Starrett"?..as he's planning his demise.

Local news did show a segment from "a" gun store in Hillsboro, Ore (suburb of Portland) where people were lined up down the street to get in. Owner said business was very good. One of the "waiter's on" said he was just looking to be able to protect his family with the "situation" going on as it is. Probably very good thinking, reasonable? smart, yes.

I have enough supplies for awhile.
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

Macd wrote:I have enough loaded to wait out a year or two never mind the components for the rest of my lifetime. Most people are reasonable but there is only a thin veneer of civil conscience with some.
And mines getting "thinner" every day....recall the movie Shane, Ryker (the villainous character) says to the good guy, "you WANT to be reasonable don't you Starrett"?..as he's planning his demise.

Local news did show a segment from "a" gun store in Hillsboro, Ore (suburb of Portland) where people were lined up down the street to get in. Owner said business was very good. One of the "waiter's on" said he was just looking to be able to protect his family with the "situation" going on as it is. Probably very good thinking, reasonable? smart, yes.

I have enough supplies for awhile....... That includes TP.
mikld
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by mikld »

I was a Boy Scout for a short whole several decades ago, but remembered the motto "Be Prepared". I lived in earth quake country most of my life and stockpiling emergency supplies, a little at a time, became second nature with me. Same applied to my reloading components; whenever I went to a store that had reloading stuff bought a little extra, and over a long period of time I stockpiled plenty. Never even considered the last "panics" as a problem for me. I don't know how long my stash would hold out but in a "Just in case" situation I would prolly cut back on my recreational shooting/reloading, and I am slowing down now a days, and my supplies would prolly outlast me.... ;)
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

horseman wrote:

I have enough supplies for awhile....... That includes TP.
whoopsie, all I wanted to do was "edit" and add the TP part.....wrong button I guess. Help, Michael?

Return to “Topic Bucket”