Seems to be some panic buying

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Seems to be some panic buying

Post by Ranch Dog »

horseman wrote:Aww, com'on guys you mean I hafta' be nice??? and I want'ed em' to think I was that "crusty" old cowboy that lived at the end of the road that always carries a gun. :lol:

What do you think about, leave the gate open till' dark then open it at, oh, say, 8am (ish)? oh, and it has to be electric open, and we each get an "opener".....also better leave it open ALL the time in the winter cause' it's gonna be right at the bottom of a steep little grade right at a corner that I've slid around more than once....
We'll see. :geek:
I would say that you have the best experience, you comment about the winter ops is proof, plus I would imagine that in the winter, the actuators on the electric gate is going to be a hassle. Any ladies pulling up to go in or out, not getting through, are going to take it out on both men involved! I think both "crusty old cowboys" would see the logic in that last statement! An electric gate with openers makes a lot of sense, especially in the milder months when others might be out wandering.

I have a cattle guard, a pipe gate that has only been closed twice in 15 years, and a "No Trespassing" sign. Texas is a property right's State. If you don't own it, you don't have permission to be on it unless it is explicitly stated. It can be verbal or written, but the proof of providing such is the burden of the trespasser. The "No Trespassing" sign and the wire fence are two of several methods of indicating that no one has trespass rights other than the property owner. I've only had two people that have come up to the house; both have been asked to leave. One tried to spray my dog with pepper spray, but an old ranch dog knows how to always use the wind to his advantage (skunk experience). The dude turned around and had the barrel of my Millennium Pro 745 45 Auto 3" from his head. He had been so focused on the dog; he did not hear or see me flank him. Honestly, I thought he had drawn a pistol to shoot my dog, and I almost shot him at 15-yards.
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Ranch Dog wrote:The older catalogs listed the 4A as the shell plate for the 223, but, the current catalog lists a 4S. I have two spare shell plates, the 4A and the 4AS. On the notes on my older Load-Master instructions, I noted that the 4A accepts a .333" pin gauge in the slot and the 4AS a .336". If you would like to see if they work, both can be heading to the ranch tomorrow, just PM me your USPS address.
I wanted to make sure you saw this...
Michael
horseman
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by horseman »

Ranch Dog wrote:
Ranch Dog wrote:The older catalogs listed the 4A as the shell plate for the 223, but, the current catalog lists a 4S. I have two spare shell plates, the 4A and the 4AS. On the notes on my older Load-Master instructions, I noted that the 4A accepts a .333" pin gauge in the slot and the 4AS a .336". If you would like to see if they work, both can be heading to the ranch tomorrow, just PM me your USPS address.
I wanted to make sure you saw this...

Thank you for that. I'll send my address to you. I need to talk to our Sheriff a bit about this situation. I know him personally, he's a good Sheriff, old school, made headlines a while back on his stand with some particular state laws and the Constitution. Said if it came to it for starters he'd deputize every legal gun owner in the county. Curious about his "take" on trespassers....
Shooterrick2020
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Shooterrick2020 »

Yep for sure I'm starting to get back into reloading and been having a heck of a time finding small pistol primers large pistol primers and small pistol Magnum primers as well as a lot of powder out of stock
If you always do what you always did you will always get what you always got.

Return to “Topic Bucket”